audio people help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CIATAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to keep/use factory head unit (non bose/ base single disc/ no xm/ no sat/ no nav).

I want to get ipod contoller (ipod in glove box) and controll ipod from head unit with no loss of steering wheel controls.

Also have subs and amp want to run off factory unit. JL clean sweep? High/low convertor?

Any suggestions besides get new head unit.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I know. You can buy this harness from JP customs (cheapest place I found). Which will allow you to add your amp from RCAs rather than using the cleansweep. However I don't know if you can use that with one of the ipod controllers at the same time. But seriously, if you are planning on dropping the cash for a cleansweep, you can get a decent aftermarket stereo with ipod capabilities and the interface for onstar/steering wheel controls for about the same amount of money. If you are dead set on keeping the factory head unit you MAY be able to use both that PAC adapter and one of the ipod controllers (recent thread somewhere) at the same time, but I don't know that for certain. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

brdnboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gambler is spot on as usual. As for using the JP Customs harness with an ipod adapter, i have not heard for sure either way if they work together or not, but new gm vehicles use a 29 bit LAN system. Basically adding these two adapter should just be like adding two more devices to the in car "network". I would see no reason they would not function together, but someone else may know more.