audio/video install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hoping that my amps would come in this weekend me and my buddy decided to pull out the factory system and install mine. everything is installed except for the amps and subs at the moment.

we ran the power wire down the drivers side and tried to run the rca's and speaker wire down the passenger side, but it was going to be to short. so we had to run it thru the center console and down the center of the truck. as you can tell it was all ripped apart.

IMG_2036.jpg

running the wires thru the center console

IMG_2030.jpg

power wire down the drivers side

IMG_2031.jpg

sorry but these arent in order

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more power wire routing

IMG_2032.jpg

we mounted the crossovers inside the console( just sitting there for now)

IMG_2034.jpg

crossovers finished

IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

that center console had to be cleaned, looked liked someone spilled coffee or something in there

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new tweeter vs old one

IMG_2044.jpg

the new tweeters were so much larger than stock it was hard to mount them the way we wanted so this is what we came up with

IMG_2038.jpg

i was hoping we could have flush mounted them but it wasnt possible

IMG_2047.jpg

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rear door speakers in

IMG_2045.jpg

front door speaker

IMG_2043.jpg

speaker wire and rca's routing thru the center console

IMG_2035.jpg

same wires routed thru the back. had to avoid all the seat areas. the carpet and padding is thick enough you dont feel or see them.

IMG_2041.jpg

headunit in and ipod. we took the ipod cable and hard mounted it in that pocket. all i have to do is slide the ipod in or out.

IMG_2046.jpg

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn looks great so far Nice & Clean! It's alot of work but it pay out when done! Keep the pics coming!

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea it took us about 12hrs to do it. it would have been faster but i got kids i had to take care of and dinner. plus we tried to make it look clean and as stock as possible.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats understandable i'm the same way try to make it is clean and stock looking as possible! I didn't rip up the seats like I should have it would been easier but i use a coat hanger to get around the stuff I needed to run around! Either way its done as long as done right and clean thats what matters!

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really clean install. Pulling the interior like that is worth it for the finished product turning out the way it will. Great job so far!!

TnTahoe

Reaction score
wait til you have to run a bigger power wire thru that second row lol, but anyway what model is that head unit and how do you like it

diffrnt

Reaction score
Dude, that looks good and very clean. I like it clean looking also. I have started my av setup and use a fish tape to pull wires under the carpet ( it was a suggestion made by someone on this forum). Good job.