Aux Failure!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tamimi

Reaction score
Hi everybody!!
I usually play my songs through AUX port; last night I failed to, and when I unplugged the wire I found that the port is damaged ( don't know how the hill that happend!!). Now it only works when I push the wire upward!!
anyone has any idea how to fix it ? or should I replace the whole system?!!
( '07 Tahoe, BOSE )

Attachments

• DSC00174.jpg
    DSC00174.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 9

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if it still works how you said that means it's probably fixable. This is just me maybe but I would take the whole box apart and look at it. Then you can tell where it might need a little nudge here, a light crimp there. If you're super careful it can be restored just fine, even soldered if necessary. But it requires extreme care, so lot's of light, patience, finger control, and sense will go a long way. If you're good with a solder gun you could even bypass it to an external jack if it is too damaged to repair. Good luck.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you under 36k miles? if so it's under warr., they'll replace the whole unit

Oh yes, even better. I didn't realize it said 07, and I didn't recognize the faceplate so I thought it was an earlier model. Take it in if it's under warranty.

tamimi

Reaction score
Thanks everybody ...
Actually it is under warranty, I think I'm going to them.. tomorrow hopefully :)
Again thanks everybody...