battery issue with my 2 way remote...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im wondering whats going on. I had my first one installed in may of 08. Then i had another remote programmed to it (first one got destroyed when i fell overboard on my boat) But this second ones battery shows its empty and wont do anything other than tell me the info, Milage, tire pressure etc. But even right next to the truck it does nothing, My other 2 remotes that came with the truck work just fine. So is it really that the batterys only last about 3 months on these things, or is there somthing wrong???

Your thoughts.

Also does anybody know where the battery is. I need to find my manual. But i dont see an opening to stick a quarter in and open it. And im afraid to try.

thanks for yalls help.

misonido

Reaction score
Did you try to reprogram the remote? I believe you can do this thru one of the DIC menues/buttons... You can open the remote like any other remote to get to the battery, but will need a thin flat blade to pry it apart. The battery itself is a 3volt CR2450.
Hope that helps.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you try to reprogram the remote? I believe you can do this thru one of the DIC menues/buttons... You can open the remote like any other remote to get to the battery, but will need a thin flat blade to pry it apart. The battery itself is a 3volt CR2450.
Hope that helps.

Im not sure it works like that for the upgraded remote. Works just fine for the stock remotes, but not on the 2-way

misonido

Reaction score
It does work the same! I had to use the re-learn procedure when I changed the battery on my 2-way remote. Works like a charm now.