Best Options for GM exhaust/intake....?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've enjoyed the K&N air intakes on a few other cars. This one should do just as well. I will report back.

chadwick02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has a cover that is supposed to block the engine heat from getting to the filter. I just wanted to make sure that a tune wasn't a necessity with a CAI.

Just to clarify - No, You dont need a tune to add an intake or an exhaust or any of that...But you most likely will not see any performance or MPG gains from an intake alone. Once you add the intake, if you get a black bear tune or simmilar, you should see some improvements.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A tune will definitely add some additional hp and/or mpg, but I've experienced first hand a power increase from an intake alone. The computer has some adjustability to balance the fuel with the increased airflow.

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with the Volant CAI with the powercore filter and either Borla or Corsa Touring exhuast. I would get the GM product unless you can get a good deal. Theres nothing wrong with there products, its just too expensive.

Bigblacktahoe1

Reaction score
Final Decision on Air intake system

Hey Guys,

Ive been reading these posts and their pretty old, i want to order a air intake system but dont know which one to go for. Ive been reading and the best two i came up with are......

*Vararam
*Cold air induction system

Please inform me with your experiences to help me determine my decision......

Thx