Best way to handle this rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quickly, here are come crappy pics of light rust thats starting on my truck. can you guys suggest quick ways I can remedy this myself without taking it to a spray shop ( or Ohio) :)

again sorry about the quality here.

Attachments

• rust 001.jpg
    rust 001.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 7
  • rust 002.jpg
    rust 002.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 7
  • rust 003.jpg
    rust 003.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 5
  • rust 004.jpg
    rust 004.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 6

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sell it to me at a discounted cost because of the rust and buy an 09 denali. LOL!! BTW its silverstars not superstars:lol:

ok serious now, Sand it down and then put a protectant on there. Hair spray will work until your next rain or wash. Dont use it long term, just enough until you get it resprayed or get a better protectant on there

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahha ohio is best choice.. lol.. dude around here those 99 denalis are going for 4 grand with rims and everything. there pretty sick tooo.. buy one of those.. lol. but what ido on rust like that is just put some heavy bearing grease or that sh*t in those tubs and just spread it out on it, itll stay good for a while.. beats me tho..

1999HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres a spray can that turns rust to a black primer and stops rust ide try that for the cost alone.......

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i htink I should sand.. i just dont want the door off and all that crap. although It would be a good time to fix the hinge pin. making the door sag, making the weatherstripping press tighter, making the water stay in there, which is making the rust spot anyway. DAMMIT. I think I just found my next project.

can I do this all with some rattle cans ?

fyremanpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rust Converter! It comes in a bottle and is brushed on so its not as messy as a spray. You can get it at almost any auto parts store. It go's on tan and dries black.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i have a bottle of that brush on converter, haven't had a chance to use it yet. good to hear it actually works.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your avitar scares me!!! WTF:smilielol:

I have never used it on an truck, but have used it on metel shelves, or (yes this is bad) I use it on steel frames when building houses, cheaper than replaceing and entire frame. Works fine. Plus it protects it well. SO actully its better becuase it protects it from spreading, insted of replaceing it with one that will just spred after the house is built. When you build on the bay or ocean here by code you must use steel frameing to keep it up to code. Stronger and can withstand hurricane force winds better. Up to 140mph actully.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to stop this rust on the very bottom of my door before I have some sort of episode.
winter is coming and I dont want to have some kind of see though door, lol.