Body Control Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was trying to get a new key FOB programmed recently since my truck didn't have one when I bought it, but the dealership couldn't get it to work. They said the culprit was probably the body control module, but the part alone was about $200. No thanks.

Well, a local guy is parting out an 02 Z71 on craigslist, and has two BCMs listed - part numbers 15095335 DPNW and 15063577 DKAJ, for only $20 each. Does anyone have any idea which one I would need? Or do I need both? Any info is appreciated. I'd love to get my hands on one of these things for 90% less than what the stealership was charging...

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Look on your bcm; there will be a part number. After swapping bcms, you'll need to reprogram the passlock system or your truck won't start. If and when you decide to do it, let me know and I'll run you through the procedure if needed.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks JK. I will need you help for that, as I've never done it before and I'm not sure what all it entails. Is it a difficult process, or just a matter of hitting a few buttons in the right order?

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the part numbers on my BCM aren't even close to being the same. I think it was the BCM, at least...it was a small boxy thing mounted right underneath my seat, behind the seat adjustment motor. It also has a sticker that reads "burn in" on it, so I'm assuming that's it.

The part numbers on it are:

J21E-9327
1160A002

Sounds like I'm out of luck...

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The BCM is actually behind the driver's side knee bolster panel right underneath the steering column. As for the programming, it's just a matter of leaving the ign cylinder in the ign position for a certain period of time.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hrm, I have no idea why I thought it would be underneath the seat. Maybe I read that somewhere or didn't read it correctly. Back to the driveway...

l080100

Reaction score
JKMotorsports...help.?

The BCM is actually behind the driver's side knee bolster panel right underneath the steering column. As for the programming, it's just a matter of leaving the ign cylinder in the ign position for a certain period of time.

JKMotorsports...maybe you can help. When we bought our 03yukon, the previous owner had removed his auto start/keyless setup (aftermarket), which left the yukon with no keyfobs. The dealer included two fobs in our purchase and was able to program them, but for some reason or another, both are programmed as "Driver 3" which we do not like. Is it easy enough to change this, or should I just go back to the dealer and have it corrected?

Thanks!

Brandkid

Reaction score
2007 Yukon Electrical problems

We have a frustrating problem with our 2007 Yukon LTZ that has an issue of not starting. Battery has been checked and is good. Put key in ignition turn and nothing - totally dead no interior lights no starter no nothing. All we hear is clicking noises in the door and the instrument needles vibrate. Sometimes after waiting for 1- 10 or more minutes it will start back up perfectly like nothing happened - full power engine turnover. At other times jumper cables have to be used to get it started. Grounding has been checked and is find. When the issue happens the remote won't work and none of the lights will work.

It started 8 months ago, dealer said it was a dead cell in the battery after looking into it. New battery and it worked fine for about 6 months now starting to do it again.

Anyone have any solutions?

jdl_131

Reaction score
reviving a very old thread...i have an 04 Tahoe Z71 and the dealership says I need a new SCM. I think the SCM is part of the BCM, if that is right...how do I replace the BCM? Is this something I can do at the house or does it have to go to the dealership? They quoted me $750!