BOSE sound system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daryl

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to tell which sound sysatem I have? I bought used this past summer an 07 Yukon XL SLE-2. According to the 07 brochure, the SLE-2 came standard with the Bose 8 speaker system. The head unit is an AM/FM/XM single CD. I'm 99.9% sure it's an SLE-2 and not an SLE-1 because it has all of the SLE-2 features and options the brochure only shows as being available on an SLE-2. Funny thing is, it has leather, that shows as not being available on an SLE model. So if anyone knows how I can tell if I have the Bose system or not, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

tint2sell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it has bose, it will say bose on the front speaker covers above the dash on the sides.

Daryl

Reaction score
Thanks.

It doesn't say Bose. My old Chryslers with the infinit sound systems had infiniti on the front door speakers, so I guess GM did the same thing. Weird since the brochure says it should have it. Oh well.

The leather was a surprise on this thing. It was (suposedly) a GM corporate car. We bought it in August with 15K on it, and I'm the first to register it. Very strange.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always wondered what exact models are the Bose speakers installed in our trucks.

orionkhan

Reaction score
I bought my '07 Yukon XL this summer with 14k miles on it. My XL has the Bose sound system, but did not have the leather seating. We thought about installing leather (like a Katzkin kit), but have gotten used to the cloth. And its holding up well after we scotchgarded it. I never did figure out if I had the SLE1 or 2. Doesn't really matter to me.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bose is the speaker system. Gm only used ALL BOSE componants on teh 99-00 yukon denali, and the 00-02 escalade. Then went back to AC delco head units, and bose speakers.

Really your not missing much with the bose on an 07 plus. My 06 bose was awsome. my 03 silverado bose is awsome. But the 07+ just plain suck. Cant wait to get rid of them.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bose never produced a "radio" for GM. Trust me on this one. ;) The confusion exists because some years ago, it was decided to have the head unit supplier place a logo on the front panel. The problem was recognized, and it no longer appears. The major supplier of the recent head units has been Denso (POS, IMO). There might be other suppliers, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

SR07

Reaction score
i personally love the Bose system in my 07 hoe...connect it with an ipod and the bass thumps! the side and rear-view mirrors shake and vibrate like crazy.. to each his own i guess

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it thumped Until I compared it to the vette and the silverado. Now its almost painful to listen to music cause theres almost no bass.

SR07

Reaction score
oh and another thing... dont the tahoe/suburban come with a 9 speaker bose system as an option? how can i tell if i have it? it does say bose on those two speakers above the dash..but is that it?

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's it.

They were supposed to for 07, but GM decided to use a different amplifier which didn't have the 9th center channel speaker.

The Vette I think has a 10" narrow profile sub speaker with the magnet on the front of the speaker instead of behind it. There's much more low end than on our Tahoes.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's it.

They were supposed to for 07, but GM decided to use a different amplifier which didn't have the 9th center channel speaker.

The Vette I think has a 10" narrow profile sub speaker with the magnet on the front of the speaker instead of behind it. There's much more low end than on our Tahoes.

Yea its sound incredible. I wish Gm would do that in all their cars and trucks.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 RPO Codes

Is there an easy way to tell which sound sysatem I have? I bought used this past summer an 07 Yukon XL SLE-2. According to the 07 brochure, the SLE-2 came standard with the Bose 8 speaker system. The head unit is an AM/FM/XM single CD. I'm 99.9% sure it's an SLE-2 and not an SLE-1 because it has all of the SLE-2 features and options the brochure only shows as being available on an SLE-2. Funny thing is, it has leather, that shows as not being available on an SLE model. So if anyone knows how I can tell if I have the Bose system or not, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Here's the RPOs for the audio systems:UQ3=8 SPEAKERS, UQA=9 SPEAKERS (but as hardin thicke said, it didn't make the cut), US8=AM/FM STEREO W/ MP3 CD PLAYER, US9=AM/FM STEREO W/ MP3 CD/DVD PLAYER, UVB=NAV, AM/FM STEREO W/ MP3 CD/DVD PLAYER.

You can see your RPOs on the glove box sticker.

SR07

Reaction score
ok so it says UQA in my glove box... but i cant see a ninth speaker , i read that there was one within the center storage bin in the front... if it didnt make the cut like u all say..does it mean that i have 8 speakers regardless of what the RPO says?

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea its sound incredible. I wish Gm would do that in all their cars and trucks.

It all boils down to what price point GM wanted for the Tahoe system. As you can imagine, you can only do so much with less than $300 for speakers, amplifier, sub (and its amp), and wire harnesses.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the subwoofer is the ninth speaker and it is under the cupholder on top of the tunnel.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all boils down to what price point GM wanted for the Tahoe system. As you can imagine, you can only do so much with less than $300 for speakers, amplifier, sub (and its amp), and wire harnesses.

So how much do you think the speakers in the vette were compared to the tahoe???? I have 6 speakers and 1 sub in teh console. 2 in each the door, 2 behind the seats and the sub in the middle. But i think there are only 4 main speakers and the two tiny ones on the top of the door are tweeters. IDK it sounds damn good and I have the bass at half and its like 5 times as much as the silverado and 10X as much as the yukon. Could I be noticing more bass compared to the size of the cabin??? and its really just the accustic difference between vehicles?? Of course the bose in the vette must be different to have the Audio Pilot system, right. Or do the yukons have this too???

IM not much of an audio nut. I just like good sounding speakers. Right now im ready to rip out the bose in the yukon and throw diomand audio in there.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The system in the Vette is vastly different than the one in the Tahoe. The door speakers are larger, and are the thin profile design with the magnet on the face of the speaker instead of behind it. Different amps too. I believe the sub uses an amp mounted directly on the speaker frame. You're right about the cabin size. Don't know the cost differnce.