Bought 08 Yukon! Chrome or Black rims??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hogfan

Reaction score
I just bought an 08 White Yukon Saturday!! Very excited! I want to put black 24's on it. At first I was leaning towards all black rims (KMC Empires). I haven't seen any trucks with these rims on them. I'd hate to order them and not like em. I've just begun to think about going Chrome. What are your suggestions?? Feel free to post pics. I don't like black rims with a chrome lip and thats most of what you see.

Also if I wanted to go with WHITE rims, what are your suggestions? How much to paint them?? Worth it?? How will paint hold up?

I can't find many pics of a white SUV on black rims? HELP...

THANKS!!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would bo with Black 24's with chrome accents like the lip, I'm going to get Black/Chrome 24's on my 07 soon!

Ms_feisty

Reaction score
^^^he already said he didnt want a black wheel with a chrome lip

if you google Virtual wheels online you can access numerous websites that you can pick your vehicle and the make of the wheel your trying to look at to get an idea of what the wheel you want or close to will look like on your ride. hope that helps you out a little bit??? ;)

But I dunno i personally have seen some with black wheels that look sick and some with chrome...but white on white ftw!

Last edited:

ggreek5

Reaction score
I just bought an 08 White Yukon Saturday!! Very excited! I want to put black 24's on it. At first I was leaning towards all black rims (KMC Empires). I haven't seen any trucks with these rims on them. I'd hate to order them and not like em. I've just begun to think about going Chrome. What are your suggestions?? Feel free to post pics. I don't like black rims with a chrome lip and thats most of what you see.

Also if I wanted to go with WHITE rims, what are your suggestions? How much to paint them?? Worth it?? How will paint hold up?

I can't find many pics of a white SUV on black rims? HELP...

THANKS!!

Congrats on the purchase!! The White on white rims would look good and so would the White on black. If you go with the white rims definately get them painted and cleared ALOT. As long as your not curbing rims, the paint will hold up fine. Good luck bro and make sure you post up some pics.

doubler8

Reaction score
I recommend the white on white. I heard superbuytires.com will paint for $150 a wheel if you buy from them.

hogfan

Reaction score
doubler8....that is a sick ride!!!!! I love those rims. What kind are they? Do you have anymore pics (closer)? If I decided to go with white, how hard would it be to go back to chrome or black after say, a year? Do they start to look dingy (sp)? Would any kind of warrany come with the paint job? Thanks alot for the replies!!