Bumpers are back from powder coating (pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my bumpers back from the powder coater. These guys did a damn good job and you cant beat the price.. 250.00 for both bumpers!!! So I cleaned up the truck and snapped some pics.

yuk%20004.jpg

yuk%20005.jpg

yuk%20007.jpg

yuk%20009.jpg

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks familiar.....:skep:

j/k need to tint the 3rd brake light, sticks out bad other then that looks baller

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know, I totally forgot about it when i did the tail lights. Im going to take care of it this weekend.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey, way to go! that looks total goverrnment-blacked-out-death-mobile.
Black out the tailpipe. Boost knows the paint type I think.

and black out your plate. All it takes is some internet punk with a cop friend to find out where you live and gank your ride.

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think ill have to do that with mine sometime.

did you have the plastic pieces painted black as well? looks like it in the front but I can't tell in the rear.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good dude! You can never go wrong with all black, cleanly done too.

...and black out your plate. All it takes is some internet punk with a cop friend to find out where you live and gank your ride.
I'll give anyone my address, you can come try to steal my truck but I wouldn't recommend it :D

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not concerned with someone getting my license plate number. I drive by thousands of people everyday. If you want the truck that bad then come and get it. Zeus (doberman) and my deer rifle will be waiting.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great, did they remove the bumpers or power coat them on the truck ?

They have to bake it on.. i think its around 450 degrees, so you can never really have anything powder coated while its still on the truck. I had to remove everything and take the bumpers to the powder coater.
Well worth the time, energy, and money. Im so glad to be done with the chrome.

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have to bake it on.. i think its around 450 degrees, so you can never really have anything powder coated while its still on the truck. I had to remove everything and take the bumpers to the powder coater.
Well worth the time, energy, and money. Im so glad to be done with the chrome.

Yea thats why i was curious, looks great.

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good...I'm just trying to find some time to get my bumpers powdercoated too, hopefully next week...The grille on the hoes can't be powdercoated since it's plastic and can't stand the heat, right?

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup.. gotta paint the grille. If it wont stand up to 450 degrees then it cant be powder coated.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Looks great man! Who did the work? I still need to drop off my SS bumper and roll pan. Are those the taillights you picked up from me?

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had them done at Accent Powder coating in Pflugerville. Nice people and a quick turnaround.
Those are actually my stock tail lights. I picked up yours as an insurance policy if mine turned out bad. I used VHT Nite Shades and im not completely satisfied. I havent cut any corners anywhere on the truck, so I might as well have the lights done right too.