Burnt Hose..HELP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skimo

Reaction score
I have 97 tahoe 2 dr. The left tail pipe on the driverside in the rear had one of the brackets break off. Well the pipe swung back and burnt a hole in a small rubber hose that would hook up to the rear drivers side above the axle and it ends. Has a cap on it. I cant find what that is.,,,any ideas? thanks..:confused2:.

skimo

Reaction score
Just goes to the passenger side, could'nt really tell. Been driving it and never really noticed it until I saw my chrome tip hanging way low then I saw the problem....Both broackets were broken and was rubbing on that hose and shock. Its even coming off the Flowmaster. There was no liquid anywhere around that hose nor did any Engine light come on...I bet your right......Thanks..gonna have to rig it so I can take it back to get it repaired......THANKS

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok the Rear diff breather hose should go up and to the drivers side and the e-brake cable has a rubber surrond on it.. but the exhuast would have to be setting on the rear-diff for it to get to that - but it probably is just the breather hose - and if it is.. it didn't hurt anything except for the hose itself

the reason they put it up so high w/ the cap is so the rear diff can breath, and hopefully not get water in it

skimo

Reaction score
I bet thats it,,Its sitting away but when the bracket broke off the muffler moved towards it and burnt it. Whew I was worried. thanks .....Rear differential breather hose.....

skimo

Reaction score
Got it fixed. just a couple of bucks. it wa sthe breather hose to the rear differential.....have to buy just a straight rubber hose and cut it yourself......thanks for the help....