center console radio HVAC control wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

convoyduel

Reaction score
I replace my center folding seat with the factory center console with radio and HVAC controls. I've already replaced all of my seating with quad leather buckets and don't recall seeing any plug and play for the console's harness. Has anyone installed one of these? I'm curious if making the controls work is possible and what it took.

I have a complete factory wiring diagram to these, but they don't much help in determining where harness junctions are or which harness are put into the vehicle regardless of the presence of the actual option.

trevorluken

Reaction score
can I ask you where you got your center console and also where you get the quad bucket seats. I want to do that to mine but I can never find the console for it or the buckets

convoyduel

Reaction score
Sure! I bought both off of eBay. Spend over 6 months watching for the quad buckets. They were $650 for all four and came out of a wrecked '08 with less than 100 miles. They are heated with memory. I believe they came out of an '08 Escalade as they are the nice soft and smooth ebony leather, not like the coarse leather found in most of the Chevy's. I got $200 for my factory LS seats, so I have $450 in them net.

The center console came from eBay for $375, including the rear seat controls. I paid more for it than I wanted, but it was a new take-out. I'm glad I did it. I should get $100 or better for the old center seat.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a nice mod!
07-Up Ebony Escalades and Ebony Tahoe interiors are the exact same leather though, real soft, even better if its aftermarket.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 07 ebony leather is harder than my wife's 04. I sat in an 08 Esky and it's leather had a more supple feel.

convoyduel

Reaction score
Yes, that set-up will fit in any '07 and up Tahoe, Yukon or Escalade. Your solid carpeted floor cover below the 2nd row seats will not fit the buckets and you will have to get the 2 piece covers if they are not included. I bought mine new from GM for around $70 apiece.

Everything else bolts right up. Absolutely nothing in the factory wiring harnesses will match up for the seats. The power to the seats for the motors and the seat belt and pressure sensors are hard to match up. The memory and heat functions are not easily possible unless you already have the factory switches and harness from the door panel.

If I get a chance soon, I'll draw up and post a wiring conversion schematic for the swap from standard LS to these seats.

There are a host of available seating options in these vehicles, each having their own unique harness set-ups, numbers of wires and wire colors. I assumed that although there were more wires in the high end harness that I could still match up wire-for-wire to the base LS harness by color. WRONG! If I can put it together, it will save others a lot of time.

I'm still working on figuring out a way to make the controls work for the rear of the center console. Right now, I'm just happy to have the 12V outlets in service.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't have headliner vents it won't work, but I'm pretty sure you do!
Keep Looking!