Check tire sensors!??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lawrencesor

Reaction score
I'm a new 07 LT2 owner as of 10/26/07. I recently put 24s on saturday and I had the valve stem sensors transferred to my new wheels. I didn't have a problem with it at all until yesterday on the freeway my car suddenly stopped showing me my psi and the yellow light sensor came on. I started her after 8 hrs of work and it went away and after a half hr or so one of the sensors was acting up with no signs of psi. I brought her into the dealer today and I didn't have any problems with the sensors one the way there, they told me they reprogrammed my sensors and put in the right amount of psi in the tires. I drove around for about 25 miles and it turned on and 3 of my sensors went out. I turned it off for 15 minutes to clean my car and when I turned it on all the sensors were showing psi. Does anyone else have a problem like this with aftermarket wheels. I'll post pics of my hoe tonight when I learn a little bit more how to use this forum.. Any input would be great.. I talked to the tire shop that mounted the rims and tires and they said to just program or reset, but I'm not sure if it's just the sensors getting loose at times..???

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes I have heard of that. the fix was to replace the sensors hopefully you wont have to replace yours.

lawrencesor

Reaction score
New sensors?? Only thing that confuses me is how they work and at times they won't but they work 75% of the time...anyone else ran into this problem..btw thnx for the reply

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At work whenever we change a wheel with TPSM, we change the sensor. No issues, no comebacks.