Chevy vs GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rumplemenz

Reaction score
Well considering that the range of this GM truck can almost tip $70k. Yes, there are alot of other trucks out there that are above what GM has to offer.

Go jump in an X5 and compare it. :thumbsup:

Nick

70? HUH? im confused ! :)

Rumplemenz

Reaction score
Agreed! Can you say TROLL!

I love how he talks smack about our vehicles, and claims he wouldn't waste his money on a TAHOE, but in the past has had no problem pretending he owns one. Go back to the Subaru forums!

LOL

I traded my 2007 subaru sti limited #744 for a 07 tahoe baby..!! dont miss her at all... shes at performance chevy in east meadow NY.. best move i could have made.. gave them my subbie and 4500 for the new HOE!! and never looked back..

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had an '07 Tahoe, an '07 Yukon XL, and currently have a '07 Yukon XL Denali.

Woah! How in the world did you manage that? Most of us can just afford one GMC high-end product, let alone what you've been through...although, I'm sure we all appreciate your comments and first-hand experience

I heard alot of bad things about the Autoride suspension, but driving my Denali is sooo much smoother then our previous '07's. Exactly like Greenage said, they felt "mushy".

Okay, this "mushy" thing is confusing the heck out of me. What does this mean? I own an 07 Tahoe and it surely doesn't seem "mushy"... Please explain this feeling further...

If I needed to accelerate up a hill in the 5.3 I had to give atleast half to 3/4 throttle and the vehicle would still lug up the hill unless you gave it enough throttle to downshift. Then it would jerk real hard and finally have enough oomf to get up the hill. With the 6.2 and 6 speed, hills are barely even noticable.

I live in DC, so this is irrelevant...although, to those in the country and hillsides of America--this would prove very applicable!

but to say that the power is not significant is far from the truth. Well, I guess if you consider only 2 seconds better to 60 not significant.

Are you saying that there is a 2-full second difference between the 5.3 and 6.2? Hard to believe... Show me the numbers. My Tahoe gets up pretty good and I can't imagine a Yukon Denali (XL especially) being able to take me by a full 2 seconds.

I never owned one with the 6.0 so all my opinions are based on the 5.3, but the 6.2 and 6 speed combo is worth the extra money, and then some.

"...And then some?" Really depends on how much more it costs and what you're looking for...you think?

Your thoughts???

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woah! How in the world did you manage that? Most of us can just afford one GMC high-end product, let alone what you've been through...although, I'm sure we all appreciate your comments and first-hand experience
i personally have 2 gmcs, an 06 yukon xl and an 08 sierra denali, now i paid monthy payments for them and it works, and my mother has an 08 GMC acadia. not that hard to own high end products, just manage your money right

Okay, this "mushy" thing is confusing the heck out of me. What does this mean? I own an 07 Tahoe and it surely doesn't seem "mushy"... Please explain this feeling further...

ok i have auto ride on my yukon and its real soft but not MUSHY, i think it smooths out the ride really well, and when i tow a heavy load (5000 pound sport boat) and 6 people i dont sag in the rear.

I live in DC, so this is irrelevant...although, to those in the country and hillsides of America--this would prove very applicable!

i have the 5.3 on my yukon with 4.10 and it feels really strong, the 6.2 is powerful but i still think the 5.3 has got a good amount of power. i dont live in a hilly area so i dont know, but i tow with my yukon and i feel very confident towing it even with 5 other people.;

Are you saying that there is a 2-full second difference between the 5.3 and 6.2? Hard to believe... Show me the numbers. My Tahoe gets up pretty good and I can't imagine a Yukon Denali (XL especially) being able to take me by a full 2 seconds.

i also need numbers, sure my denali is quicker than my yukon but i dont think a full two seconds.

"...And then some?" Really depends on how much more it costs and what you're looking for...you think?

Your thoughts???

this is kinda imo, but i like power, just an ego thing i guess, i would spend more money to get the most power avaliable.

Last edited:

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well we bought a Tahoe only after a while to find that it just wasn't big enough for our needs, so we bought a Yukon XL. After looking at how much interest we would pay over the duration of the loan we decided to take advantage of the 0% APR. Hindsight, I wish I would have just bought the XL Denali from the beginning.

As far as "mushy" you would really have to experience both to understand. There is not a dramatic difference, but the Denal (Autoride) feels more stable
and sturdy. Sorry it's hard to describe.

Living in Seattle, and with our house up a hill, I absolutely HATED the 5.3 4speed setup for this. It truly was very annoying! Especially compared to the other vehicles I own. My daily driver is a lifted, and modded, Duramax truck and it will ACCELERATE up steep hills in 5th gear without downshifting, and when I say ACCELERATE I mean FLY!!!

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I'm sure the 0-60 times are readily available on line. The Denali will run 0-60 in 6.4 and the XL is closer to 7 flat. Compared to the Tahoe and Suburban in the 8 and 9 range. Sorry, but the Tahoe and Yukon XL were "dogs" to me. Don't get me wrong I loved them both, but I am used to horsepower. It drove me crazy! Oh, and they both were chipped with intakes and exhausts.

Considering I actually paid less for my XL Denali then my Yukon XL (end of the year deals) I would say it is definitely worth the extra money, but all you have to do is look at my signature to see that I like horsepower.:thumbsup:
The Denali is still the slowest in my fleet, but not by much.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your typhoon is faster than the denali, did you mod the denali much?

the corvette is screamin fast, i wish we had guts to get the z06 but dad and i wanted the convertable so we went for the ls2, i wish we wated the extra 4 months to get the new ls3 though :nonod:

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Typhoon is ALOT faster then the Denali. In stock trim the Typhoon would run low 5's 0-60, and it is not stock:clapping:.

My '05 CC 4X4 Duramax w/ a 6" lift on 35/13.5 20's still nudges out the Denali, but not by much. The truck is pushing 500 hp and 900 lb ft trq.
Without a boosted launch they're closer, but the Duramax will take it alot easier with a boosted launch. However, on the freeway I would give the edge to the Denali. Oh, and the Denali has a Superchips Flashpaq and a CAI.
I have heard a bunch of GREAT things about EFI Live from the dieselplace forum in regards to the Duramax, but you can also use it to tune the 6.2L in the Denali. The problem is I am not a tuner, and I would need someone to build some tunes for me. Here is a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=150139843878&rd=1

Maybe we should start and EFI Live thread? The more people using this would help us all get the max HP out of our respective applications.

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MotorTrend states:

2007 Chevy Tahoe 5.3 4x4= 0 to 60 in 8.6 seconds
2007 GMC Denali 6.2L AWD= 0 to 60 in 6.4 seconds

That's a difference of more then 2 seconds in a run to 60.

2007 Chevy Suburban 5.3 4x4= 0 to 60 in 9.7 seconds

Trying to find a 0-60 run for an XL Denali was a little difficult. The only 0 to 60 run I could find had it to 60 in 6.7 seconds, but it wasn't from a source as reputable as the others.

I am sure that if the difference between a Denali and Hoe is 2.2 seconds then the difference between a Burb and a XL Denali would be even greater, probably closer to 3 seconds.