Chrome Around Front Grille?? Paint??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has done anything with the chrome (plastic) around their front grilles.

I just ordered Street Scene Black Chrome Mesh Grille and don't know if I should trim painted when I get the rest of my stuff done. That is basically the only chome on my truck. Front bowtie will be black.

Should I have that painted or leave it chrome??? Anyone have any pictures of painted or whatever else?

Playa70

Reaction score
Black it out all the way! Unless you're gonna throw some chrome on it

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2361844_57_full.jpg

2361844_64_full.jpg

Scuffed and painted with ultra-flat black chip resistant paint

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
InTruckDesign - yours looks cool because of the two tone you got going on. I am not sure if I will like it better all black or if the chrome will brake things up alittle.

How did you guys paint yours?? Professional paint and spray guns or can of spray paint. I am going to have it Professional since I am already getting other pieces done, but I see jojax said he had to touch up(how did you do it)?

jojax

Reaction score
How did you guys paint yours?? can of spray paint. I am going to have it Professional since I am already getting other pieces done, but I see jojax said he had to touch up(how did you do it)?

primer + spray paint ... touch by masking it off on the car very easy ... and shooting it with a quick layer.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found some pictures on cardomain.com Think I am going to go all painted. It is hard for me to say since I do not know what I am going to do rim wise. I suppose I can always find some to trade with if I change my mind.

Thanks for the help so far. Continue to post any pics you guys got.

2284314_9_full.jpg

2663207_18_full.jpg

moneymayweather

Reaction score
Found some pictures on cardomain.com Think I am going to go all painted. It is hard for me to say since I do not know what I am going to do rim wise. I suppose I can always find some to trade with if I change my mind.

Thanks for the help so far. Continue to post any pics you guys got.

2284314_9_full.jpg

2663207_18_full.jpg

The first pic is exactly what mine looks like right now, but I think I'm going to make it like the second pic. All blacked out except for the chrome around the bowtie. Keep us posted on what you do and post some pics when you get it done.

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heeey on that second one, I like his mirror cover on the bottom. It looks different then the regular putco ones.Like it only covers part of the bottom