Chrome piece above license plate -- was this an '09?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Something interesting caught my eye on a Suburban at the Jersey shore this weekend: The piece above the license plate (that houses the Chevy emblem -- that some folks replace with the emblem-free GMC one) was chrome. Now as I type this, I suppose the piece UNDER the license plate was chrome as well.

It looked really good. And I don't recall seeing this is chrome before.

Is this a new-for-'09 offering? Or, was it offered on previous '07+ Hoes/Subs? (Or maybe it's only offered on Subs... Though that doesn't make much sense.) Or, was it aftermarket?

Thanks!

-Kirk

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must have been something aftermarket. The 09 LTZ has the Denali bumper with the hitch cover and a chrome strip across the bumper.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's just a putco cover

Thanks. Went to the Putco site and found the exact piece(s). I think I would have liked it if it were factory, but don't like the idea of a Putco overlay.

Thanks for clearing it up. :thumbsup:

/< / /2 /<

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is Putco.........no complaints.

DSC00199.jpg

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is Putco.........no complaints.

DSC00199.jpg

Yep, that's exactly it. And that looks even better than the one I saw (the one I saw was dirty lol). Looking good!

So, what's the deal with the Putco Chevy emblem? Is it just like the stock rear emblem, where you can peel away the gold to a silver emblem underneath?

Thanks,

/< / /2 /<

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's exactly it. And that looks even better than the one I saw (the one I saw was dirty lol). Looking good!

So, what's the deal with the Putco Chevy emblem? Is it just like the stock rear emblem, where you can peel away the gold to a silver emblem underneath?

Thanks,

/< / /2 /<

The Emblem is the factory emblem. Putco cuts out their trim to fit around it.

sarahw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
John--so you're saying that the Putco chrome cover has a cutout for the existing emblem? No need to remove the emblem and re-attach to the chrome piece? Thanks.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
John--so you're saying that the Putco chrome cover has a cutout for the existing emblem? No need to remove the emblem and re-attach to the chrome piece? Thanks.

not JOHn, but yes...well as for the one I saw.

ordered mine Fender World.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey hey what tails and hitch closeout?
very nice! :thumbsup:

IPCW Smoke LED Tails.......and OEM accessory Hitch cover. Summit White along with a few other colors are available painted from Factory. Dealer for cover.......shop the net for the tails.