Converting to HID Lights on Tahoe LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RiverRunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try connecting the vehicle plug into the new harness without the capacitor to see if it fits. Possibly they sent you the wrong capacitor. You might also check to see if the capacitor can plug into your H11 halogen bulb.

Make sure you are using the low beam vehicle connector and not the high beam connector. I assume you already know that the low beam is directly behind the 3" round cover and you need to drill a hole in that cover to run the wire through it right?

By the way, the passenger side is the right side of the vehicle (orientation is from drivers seat) and you are correct that it is easier to connect the harness on that side.

Thank you 73Vetteman, yes, that's what I think I did. I'll try again soon and see if I can tell what's wrong. I'm sending pics of the connectors on the vehicle and the kit to Opt7 too and see if they sent something wrong to me.

davemcd

Reaction score
I read that HID conversions require the lights to be "self leveling" to prevent people from blinding oncoming drivers. Can self leveling kits be added? Any issues with the level of the lights?