Coolant leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Felipe

Reaction score
So after tracing the coolant leakage to the water pump I decided it was time to replace it. After getting everything apart I found that it was the water pump seal behind the pump that was leaking. It was the factory pump with 148,000 on it so I say it did it's job. Chevy wanted almost 400 dollars just for the pump and t-stat so i picked one up at napa for 165. I really wasn't expecting it to be as big as it was . It's an easy job to do only took a couple hours, spent more time cleaning the engine bay. No more leak!

stefanosg

Reaction score
Had the same issue too. I watched the repair on Youtube and saw how easy it was. It took me about two hours. Half of that time was spent getting a big enough wrench to remove the fan and waiting at Autozone to get the new pump. Our mechanic was quoting me about $600.00. I think I spent just under two doing it myself.

Felipe

Reaction score
Heck yeah, it feels good knowing the problem is solved and we saved some hard earned money:happy160: