Ddm tuning hids!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK after some good research and such. I just ordered 4 HID sets from them.

Silverado gets 4500k 55w for the lows
4500k 35W for the fogs. and HIRs for the highs.

Yukon Gets a 55W 4500k BI-xenon and a 35W 880 kit for the fogs. Cant wait. I will post pics when I get them installed. Im super excited. I have also ordered for the yukon a Mr Tail light wireing harness so the fogs will stay on with the highbeams.

But DDM tuning seems like the way to go. All slim ballest and all will have a wiring harness. I dont want to risk my stock harness anymore, after my bad experience with my old caddy where the wires cought on fire and I had to extinguish them.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are 65 bucks a piece base price. But I got the 55W upgrade on two of them, wireing harness for all of them, and the bi-xenon upgrade for the yukon. So

it was 414 before shipping. But thats with extras, wiring harnesses, and for two different vehicles. Plus I get a life time warrenty too. Cant beat it with a stick. It would be double that price from Jasejeff or Xenon Depot.

I still Like XenonDepots Phillips kit though. Thats genuine, and probably the best aftermarket kit on the market.

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so why did you get the 55w upgrade? and whats the wiring harness do - thought it was just plug and play?

anyway for all that seems like a great price!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so why did you get the 55w upgrade? and whats the wiring harness do - thought it was just plug and play?

anyway for all that seems like a great price!

Cause their brighter. I got the wireing harness so it does not surge my electrical system. I can hook them right up to the alternator. Which with my Big three upgrade is also hooked up to an optima yellow top in the silverado. In the yukon I would just feel better with them hooked up to the battery. Insted of stressing the stock wires. For 35W sure plug and play, but 55W take more power.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you putting HIDS in your fogs to? If so are they plug and play

DDM tuning reccommended H3. But I didnt feel like modifying my housing and what not. With 880 in the yukons fogs all I have to do is jam the wires in the plug, Electircal tape for projection. and then put the bulbs in and seal it with some silicone. Easy as pie. No dremeling like with 9005's, no bashing or cutting like wiht h3 bulbs. IM very excited about them and hope it does not take the 2 weeks they are saying on their site to process.

But their plug and play on the silverados fogs.

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think that h3 option for the fogs is a really good idea.. although i would stay away from 55w h3 kits in fear they'd melt the lens..
think i'm going to do reverse, low beams, fogs in 35 watts, and get the wire in mod for the hi beam and fogs for the hoe..

khool750

Reaction score
DDM tuning reccommended H3. But I didnt feel like modifying my housing and what not. With 880 in the yukons fogs all I have to do is jam the wires in the plug, Electircal tape for projection. and then put the bulbs in and seal it with some silicone. Easy as pie. No dremeling like with 9005's, no bashing or cutting like wiht h3 bulbs. IM very excited about them and hope it does not take the 2 weeks they are saying on their site to process.

But their plug and play on the silverados fogs.

Hey Rollin Thunder, I'm a afraid to say but it does take at least 2 and a half weeks. They told me that was because of the christmas rush, but it took me 3 weeks to get mine. Well worth the wait. I got the 35w 6000k slim ballasts, and they are sweet. I haven't done anything about the fog lights, but I'm gonna tell you this. I took the whole bumper off when I installed, and I think I can fabricate a bracket to accommodate an aftermarket 4" foglight with a metal housing, and I'm going to make it work with HID's. I will write it up and take pics. But I know I'm not going through the melted fog light deals.

1sikhoe

Reaction score
How are you running 880 HID fogs in your yukon?...isnt it a 5202 bulb type??

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Rollin Thunder, I'm a afraid to say but it does take at least 2 and a half weeks. They told me that was because of the christmas rush, but it took me 3 weeks to get mine.

That is what they said when I walked in. But he still sold me yours since I came in. :lol:

RIZZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will be interested in seeing how the 55w look. I may upgrade mine.

nice...post pics when u install.... If u feel like it do a "how to"! Cant wait to see...rt

hey ed blown vert if u upgrade are you talkin about sellin ur hid kit!??? Cuz im lookin to get a 6000k kit i have projectors in my hoe.....

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DDM shipped my kits 3 days after I ordered. They will be here Thursday. Got shipped Friday.

As far as the questions about the 880...

The 880 fits in the foglight housing. There is no way to hold it in there except to "glue" it. Obviously gluing is a problem. Most people use silicon to "glue" it in there as well as make it watertight.

If you have to remove the bulb, silicon is at least removeable if you sit there and cut it all out.

I do not believe the bulb fits in the housing "snugly" because I've seen a few people who've done this make comments about their bulb not being properly aligned in the housing. (ie... they glued it off centered)

So again, the 3 options are:

- buy 5202 HID kit for $200
- buy the 880 HID kit and "glue" them in
- buy the H3 HID kit and fit it in the stock 5202 bulb base (no mess, correct alignment)

*I have not found anyone on this or other GM forums who has verified the 3rd option. This past week DDM has been giving this advice to customers instead of using the 2nd option.*

My H3 kit will be here Thursday and I'll be able to verify whether DDM is correct with their advice. I would suggest waiting on ordering H3's until then...

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice...post pics when u install.... If u feel like it do a "how to"! Cant wait to see...rt

hey ed blown vert if u upgrade are you talkin about sellin ur hid kit!??? Cuz im lookin to get a 6000k kit i have projectors in my hoe.....

If I upgrade, I won't need the kit anymore. I am just waiting to see what RT says about the 55w kit.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you guys just slapping these HID's in your stock housings? If so, how bad is the pattern. It is my understanding that without projector housings your light pattern is more "sloppy" with HIDs. I've looked at the aftermarket projector housings but they are all ugly and it is not clear whether or not you can use HIDs with them. I'm thinking about getting some and just slapping them in the stock housings, but I don't want to be one of those people driving around and blinding people.

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock reflectors. I will adjust the beam pattern afterwards to minimize any upward "scatter" but yes, you wont get the OEM HID type of crisp beam pattern as the housings are designed for halogens.

I'm not as much concerned about the low beams as I am about the fog lights. I may have to stop driving with them constantly on and simply use them when it actually is foggy.