Different tires...huge difference.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Well, it was time for new tires. I've had a set of BFG KDW NTs and Cooper Zeon XST previously. Decent tires, but I wanted to try something different. I've had really good luck with the Nexens that are currently on my Caddy, so I went ahead and ordered a set for my 'hoe. Wow, what a difference. There's less road noise and the ride quality is A LOT smoother and softer than any other brands I've had, yet still handles as good as before. Impressive compared to the other two sets I've had on this truck. I talked to a couple tire dealers before hand to get their opinions, and there was nothing but positive feedback. Best thing is, I got these on sale for $200 ea. out the door. These same brand tires I've had on my CTS for about 20k miles so far and they've been great.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
I've never had NEXEN tires on my vehicles before. To me they would be what non brand name shoes were called in school, woofies. Do you know which tire maker makes them, please dont say Goodyear lol?

It is, however, good to read a positive note on these tires and the level of comfort they add. I may have to broaden my horizons when I get my 20's.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar experience switching from the goodyear eagle gtII to my pro comp all terrain, way smoother and they're burly as hell. I can also park like an idiot and not worry about scratching a wheel since the sidewalls are so much stiffer. What size did you get?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I've never had NEXEN tires on my vehicles before. To me they would be what non brand name shoes were called in school, woofies. Do you know which tire maker makes them, please dont say Goodyear lol?

It is, however, good to read a positive note on these tires and the level of comfort they add. I may have to broaden my horizons when I get my 20's.
From my research and understanding, Nexen is a Korean name brand tire with an excellent world wide reputation. They've been in the biz for over 60 yrs, but just haven't been marketed in North America as long as brands like Goodyear, BFG, etc. Some professional scca and drifters use Nexen.
In the past, I've used Michelin Pilots, BFG KDWs, Sumitomo HTR Z III, Kumho Ecsta and Victoracer, and Goodyear Eagle F1s before on my autox cars. Honestly, these Nexens are quieter than all of them, handle and grip just as well and even better than a couple of the others.

What size did you get?
Stuck to the same size, 305/35/24

Last edited:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice. where did you get em? I haven't seen any nexen dealers aside from online.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
nice. where did you get em? I haven't seen any nexen dealers aside from online.
Ordered mine on sale from wheelsnext.com. A buddy of mine at Firestone said they could order them, but he couldn't get them to me as cheap as I found them online.

BigE

Reaction score
they have 8 different Roadians for SUVs

Roadian 541
Roadian 542
Roadian AT
Roadian AT2
Roadian HP SUV
Roadian HT LT
Roadian HT SUV
Roadian MT

im guessing its the Roadian HP SUV