Ditched the 20's, got some z71 rims!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srmitchell

Reaction score
We have an 07 Bermuda Ltz, and we got bored with the rims, and found that you can't use tire chains. (How useless is that?)

We traded for a brand new set of take off rims and tire (less that 50 miles.)

We love em. No chrome, no street tread, all business.

We didn't pay a dime either.

Before
tahoe009.jpg

After
newrims001.jpg

newrims002.jpg

newrims004.jpg

newrims005.jpg

newrims006.jpg

newrims007.jpg

vipergts2000

Reaction score
Like the 20's better sorry....But in the end as long as you like it better thats all that matters!

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, IM with vip.

I would have kept the 20's.

Why is it that you want to put chains on the tires anyway, do you have four wheel drive?

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you are taking that route.. now you will have to lift it and get some nice nitto M/T tires.. =)

:thumbsup:

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the 20's better sorry....But in the end as long as you like it better thats all that matters!

I agree.. I think the 20s look much better..

PS: You just lowered the value of the Tahoe.. The 20s are a upgrade on the Tahoe :skep:

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever makes you happy... I guess. Would lose the K&N sticker though.

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as those tires....my duelers didnt hold up at all, i think they lasted for like 25k miles

jlcvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it looks petty good with the Z71 rims. The new tires are much more aggressive than the other street tires. Now that you ditched the chrome rims it looks like your ready for business. I think the less chrome the better. I do wish they up the size of the Z71 rims from 18’s to 20’s.

srmitchell

Reaction score
To answer every one.

We originally wanted to buy a z71, but it was not available late 2007.

We come from a family of Jeeps. This a tow rig, not an urban assault vehicle.

We occasionally drive fire roads, moderate trails, and similar to get ourselves and gear to fishing spots, and other recreational areas.

20's and bigger are a dime a dozen on Tahoes, and other gmt 9000's. We wanted to deviate from the norm.

We hate chrome, and feel any suv should have even a small amount of off road ability.

Areas such as yosemite and tahoe are now starting to turn even 4x4's around if they don't have chains.

And I always say, Chrome doesn't get you home!

Thanks for the comments. And yes, it is a 4x4 with the factory rear locker.

Edit* Value is no object, it is payed off, and we will only sell it if we can't afford to fuel it. We love this thing!

dlz71

Reaction score
To answer every one.

We originally wanted to buy a z71, but it was not available late 2007.

We come from a family of Jeeps. This a tow rig, not an urban assault vehicle.

We occasionally drive fire roads, moderate trails, and similar to get ourselves and gear to fishing spots, and other recreational areas.

20's and bigger are a dime a dozen on Tahoes, and other gmt 9000's. We wanted to deviate from the norm.

We hate chrome, and feel any suv should have even a small amount of off road ability.

Areas such as yosemite and tahoe are now starting to turn even 4x4's around if they don't have chains.

And I always say, Chrome doesn't get you home!

Thanks for the comments. And yes, it is a 4x4 with the factory rear locker.

Edit* Value is no object, it is payed off, and we will only sell it if we can't afford to fuel it. We love this thing!

I like the Z71's... Is that a flowmaster exhaust that you have?

GMTech48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with the Z71 rims too.....less likely to get curb rash with the higher profile, those tires will do MUCH better off road!

2 E L O

Reaction score
Another vote for the 18s! I have them on my '07 rather than the 20s and I like them much better. I will love the Deuler A/Ts during the Omaha winters!

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have stayed with the 20s and gone with a small lift kit and a more agressive 20" tire. 18s just look too small on the tahoe.

srmitchell

Reaction score
Yea, they were the polished but I still think 20's on anything looks like it came off of mtv.

Personally I think 20's are only necessary when you get into huge tires, 40's and above.

Anything else and its looks. (Or big brakes)

Thanks to all the z71 fans, haha.

Surprisingly it rides smoother as well, the tires absorb some of the harshness.

vipergts2000

Reaction score

So you have a 35k vehicle paid for and actually commented that you might not be able to afford the fuel?