Does anyone have a borla exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmerk1978

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has installed a Borla exhaust on 2007 denali or tahoe, and is there adifference between that and lets say a magnaflow, i mean anything besides price?

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any Borla exhausts on the Yukons or Tahoes, but from experience I would say go with the magnaflow. The borla exhaust is a lot like the flowmaster, if sounds great, but it will get anoying inside the cab, the magnaflow will sound great outside but won't bother you inside! :Chevy:

HOTHOE

Reaction score
Borla Exhaust On 07 Tahoe

Yes I Just Installed Exhaust,it,s A Perfect Fit. Awsome Sound When You Get On It.not Loud In Cabin At All.

dmerk1978

Reaction score
sweet, do you feel the Hp gain, what kind of intake do you have with it, i'm either going with the borla or magna, and putting in the flashpaq, all being done tomorrow at my local shop.

HOTHOE

Reaction score
Spend The Money,the Quality Of The Borla Exhaust Is Far Above All The Rest.borla Claims It Makes 15hp.i Am Running A Volant Cold Air Intake,and Superchips Flashpak.the Truck Screams,people Like To Play On The Highway,just Put The Hammer Down And Wave Bye Bye.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I wrong in having heard that the GM Performance Exhaust is made by Borla? Or was it Corsa?

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand that is is Corsa, certainly looks alike and is the same 304 stainless steel.

UATahoe

Reaction score
I would say Corsa too. Just got the GM exhaust today and it is really similar to the Corsa i put on my 2000 Z28. Getting the truck exhaust installed today.

dmerk1978

Reaction score
i went with the magnaflow and superchip afterall, toms tire performance in long beach is doing the install right now, can't wait...after cold air intake, exhaust, superchip whats left to do? do they make headers and is it worth it?

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First I want to say hi to everyone since im new to this forum. Yes, they do make headers, Gibson and JBA as far as I know are the only availiable. I have the JBA titanium ceramic on mine and I would say NO, if performance is what you are looking for, they are not worth the $$. i paid around 500 for mine plus labor and the Volant CAI gave me more HP. I still have the original exhaust though. Hope this helps.

rockrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is hard to notice hp gains from headers when the rest of your exhaust is still restricted. The HP gain is only going to come into play in the upper RPM though.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 17 year old Borla system on my '89 Chevy sport truck that looks and sounds as good as the day I put it on. I was a little hesitant to install it when I pick up the muffler and could look into one end and see out the other, but the 5.7 sounds sweet and passes inspection every year without problem.

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one on my 99 silverado. It still looks and works like new after 100k mi, only it got lauder after +-2k and it drones a bit, but exterior sound is great.

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was informed (someone on our forum) that the GM performance exhaust is now made by Borla.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one on my 99 silverado. It still looks and works like new after 100k mi, only it got lauder after +-2k and it drones a bit, but exterior sound is great.

That was my experience with the GM Perf. exhaust.

dmerk1978

Reaction score
just to ruffle your feathers, mr mizzou.....BOOMER SOONER....I'M a so cali guy that went to OU, and Saturday we're going to show you that columbia is still not ready for the prime time like the blue bloods of college football, i.e. OU