Does this sound like a bus problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gremlins are at work on my Tahoe.

1) My heated washers cycled once out of three and quit. I couldn't get it to work without cycling the ignition off and on.

2) Filling up the other day with the engine idling. I notice that the washers are running full tilt, and the wipers are wiping. No one is there except me.

3) Driving on the interstate, again the wipers come on for a few wipes along with a brief spritz of washer fluid.

Sounds like the heated washers are on the blink, right?

4) After number 3 happened, I hit the heated washers. Cycles once...fine....cycles the second time.... and my cruise control kicks off all by itself. (it did cycle the prescribed third time).

Any ideas? GMLAN problems? THis looks like one of those "Could Not Duplicate" service problems, but with 3K left on the warranty, I think I should get this one logged in. What do you think?

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you want to shop it and if either they don't fix it or it happens again after the fix then you shop it again and again. If it is something they can't duplicate then you get a record of it. You want to shop it probably 4 times as a legally reasonable number of attempts. Then if the warranty expires they will still be obligated to fix it. And if you (God forbid) had to lemon it, they would also still be responsible to it for that purpose, even after the warranty is expired. If it was me, I would want to see them start replacing parts, and then have enough time to see if it worked. You can also still make a claim if say, they "fixed" something, the warranty expired the next day, and the problem recurred the day after that. But one thing is for sure, if you sit around wondering about it and don't bring it in, you'll end up stuck with the problem. Again, even the "cannot duplicate" tag on a repair order is still considered an attempt to repair for purposes of warranty laws.