Door locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pursuit2550

Reaction score
What is up with these door locks. First the driverside quit working,now the rear pass. side, and today the driversside. The tahoe only has 30000 mile and it would suck to have to take it to the dealer for this. Has anyone had this problem?

Rick08Tahoe

Reaction score
yes, my passenger side front door lock would not unlock - about 10% of time. Neither key fob nor inside unlock button would work. Dealer repaired under warranty. Mine had 8000 miles.

sodell

Reaction score
yep, first the driver's, then the front passenger, now the back drivers-side door won't consistently unlock. sucks. 43000 miles. 3 blower motors and 3 door lock issues. now the driver's side view mirror won't go up n down (just left n right). "At GM, Quality is job #1"...pffff

Rick08Tahoe

Reaction score
Quality on GM cars suck. Drove an Acura till it was 18 years old and it was more solid on its last day (that I owned it) than my Tahoe on its first. Never again will I buy American.

Luis

Reaction score
Both my rear door will not unlock electrically now. Drivers side now pass side. I believe my truck is out of warranty now. 2008 with 62k miles. Does anybody know whats the fix for this problem... Is there a DIY about this somewhere?

CodeB4U

Reaction score
It's your door lock actuators, they go out on the trucks....alot...

Luis, you have to take off the door panel, remove the metal linkage on the door lock actuator (it's a yellow clip that you can adjust, just get a pick and pop it open and then get the three torx screws off the side of the door, once it drops down, disconnect the wire harness by getting a flat head screw driver and lifting on the maroon tab and sliding off. repeat everything backwards to install.

I can scan some pictures if you need them. LMK.

Big_tugg'SS

Reaction score
It's your door lock actuators, they go out on the trucks....alot...

Luis, you have to take off the door panel, remove the metal linkage on the door lock actuator (it's a yellow clip that you can adjust, just get a pick and pop it open and then get the three torx screws off the side of the door, once it drops down, disconnect the wire harness by getting a flat head screw driver and lifting on the maroon tab and sliding off. repeat everything backwards to install.

I can scan some pictures if you need them. LMK.

could you please post some pictures, my drivers door and drivers side rear door has went out. I got the pieces but don't want to mess anything up when taking off the door etc...

CodeB4U

Reaction score
could you please post some pictures, my drivers door and drivers side rear door has went out. I got the pieces but don't want to mess anything up when taking off the door etc...

Sorry i don't visit the forum much, but what pictures would you like?

Spectrese

Reaction score
Door actuator

I wouldn't mind seeing a couple pics of the actuator connectors to see how they fit together - I am replacing one and they cut the connector wires off the last time around...:help: