Driver's Seat Moving On Its Own - OFFICIAL DIAGNOSIS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EchoBravo

Reaction score
One of my first threads here was about my power driver's seat moving on its own randomly. I even caught it in the act once. Well after 10 hours at the dealership yesterday, they believe they've diagnosed the problem. They say it's a bad "SOP SEAT SWITCH 12451495." They've ordered the part and hopefully next week it'll be taken care of.

The hard part of getting it diagnosed was recreating the problem. They had replaced my driver's side rear-view mirror (technical service bulletin) and resecured the retainers holding my front passenger seat cushion while waiting to see the seat move. I was getting p!ssed thinking it wasn't gonna happen and they wouldn't see the problem, but finally it did happen. They repositioned the vehicle in the shop, cut off the engine... And the driver's seat proceeded to move all the way forward, all by itself. Perfect.

I'll post again when it's all taken care of. Here's to hoping they get it right the first time. My 6 week old truck has now been back in the shop twice for four separate piddly-arse problems. I still love her, but we're not off to a good start. :(

By the way, here's the original thread on the power seat issue.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad they were able to diagnose it for you, and take care of the mirror issue too. I'm sure you'll have better luck with the truck once it's fully exorcised and repaired... :lol:

skeet

Reaction score
Glad you're getting it taken care of.
What's the drivers mirror issue? Is there a bulletin for it?
My new LTZ's driver mirror is shaking at speed (passenger's not) and it's a bit annoying... Is there a quick fix they can handle?

Thx,

EchoBravo

Reaction score
skeet, I either read here or on the Edmunds' "Inside Line" long-term road tests website about the shaky driver's side mirror, but in any case, it's a known issue and I do believe there is a technical service bulletin. Ths dealer replaced it under warranty, after advising the new one might shake, too, until The General comes up with a real fix (WTF?).

cshump

Reaction score
I'm also having the shaky mirror issue, I was told by the dealer that they don't have a fix yet. I'll probably try to find my own fix, I will post my findings.:crazy:

EchoBravo

Reaction score
FWIW, my mirror shake is fixed. Had it up to 80+ on the freeway this afternoon. Steady as she goes... My baby's on the level.

EchoBravo

Reaction score
Myself said:
FWIW, my mirror shake is fixed. Had it up to 80+ on the freeway this afternoon. Steady as she goes... My baby's on the level.
TN Tahoe said:
Let us know what the fix is
I spoke too soon. The mirror shake is back. It was rock-steady for a day, but all weekend, it was back to shaking. Add to that I've now noticed interior trim on the driver's side rear door bubbling away from the interior (sidewall?) plastic. I guess I'll have 'em look at that when I take the truck back FOR THE THIRD TIME IN TWO MONTHS, once the power seat part comes in.