dumped flowmaster equals ass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95yukongt

Reaction score
i had the stock exhuast and put in a 40 series flowmaster my self and sounded great. i took off tailpipe and put a turndown on it and sounds like ass. i think im going to change to a race style bullit muffler like slp or moroso or like a nice borla xr1 muffler. advice please.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha ass.. lol.. i dont have any mufflers and im sure it sounds better then your 40 dollar setup.. lol..

95yukongt

Reaction score
haha ass.. lol.. i dont have any mufflers and im sure it sounds better then your 40 dollar setup.. lol..

i had the flowmaster from my mustang and just clamped it and welded it in. im putting the tailpipe back on but hopefully after christmas it will sound wicked. it cost me 5 bucks to dump it. lol

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gibson and magnaflow are quieter than the 40 series flomaster. Maybe try the super44 flomaster if you can find it in your size. or glass packs. I bet that would sound awesome.

95yukongt

Reaction score
anybody have a bullet style muffler or the borla xr1s on there truck. that would be great. i want to know how it sounds.

Nemesis

Reaction score
I have the 40series Flowmaster and dual 2 3/4 inch piping, rear side exit, on 98 2-door and it sound awesome! Its not the muffler, its whatever you did after the muffler thats making the fart noise. Try custom piping, if you got the cash.

95yukongt

Reaction score
i had a price of 700 bucks to do a flowmaster dual exhuast on my truck where the pipes come out the rear of the truck which is one pipe on each side of my hitch. my next setup is to a magnaflow muffler with a dual outlet coming with 2 separite pipes exiting on one side.

Nemesis

Reaction score
Ouch! Got mine done for $500, muffler, pipes, tips and install. I did dual rear side exit(behind the tires). I'm very happy with the setup and would do it again in a heartbeat. I will post some pics tomorrow. I would definately do some shopping around first before dropping that kind of cash.

95yukongt

Reaction score
i knew it was to much and it was $350 to do a single 3inch exhaust. i was thinkin bout buying one of thos make your own exhuast kit caus ei can weld and stuff so for 250 bucks i can do my own dual exhuast. post pics man.

Nemesis

Reaction score
If you decide to go with dual then i would suggest going smaller than 3 inch piping. When I got mine installed the owner of the shop said unless I was running in the neighborhood of 600hp, dual 3inch is overkill, and could cause serious torque loss. He suggested 2 1/4 piping is perfect if you plan on keeping it relatively stock. I got 2 3/4 inch as I am currently shopping for a supercharger setup. I will take some pics of my exhaust and get them up tomorrow.

95yukongt

Reaction score
so ill do a nice 2.5 inch exhuast cause i plan on doing some mods but not near the 600hp range unless i win the lotto. lol

Nemesis

Reaction score
Sounds good. Here are some quick shots of my tailpipes. Im in seattle, so if it dries up any time soon, I will crawl under there and get some shots of the piping. this is probably the cleanest the underside will look, haha, Im selling my rims and jacking this thing up Gotta run some **** over!

Attachments

• 0_edited.jpg
    0_edited.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 2_edited.jpg
    2_edited.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 3_edited.jpg
    3_edited.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 2

95yukongt

Reaction score
well i was going to do that but if i run a rollpan on the back then i might run some tails coming out the back instead. im keeping my truck down man. i dont like the 2 doors lifted at all for some reason. thanks for the pics. my underside is dirt lol like big mud clumps lol.

Nemesis

Reaction score
I would like to get $1500 for the wheels, would have to find out how much shipping would cost...