Exedition vs Tahoe questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So will 07/08 GM owners be abe to "upgrade" their fobs to the LCD? That would be an accessory I wouldn't mind paying $100+ to get...although, I'm still contemplating putting the Viper 5900 Responder SST on the Hoe...:thumbsup:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know who your inside sources are but I would say that they are wrong at this point. I stopped by the dealer yesterday and talked with the parts department about it. It is already being shown in the 2008 Malibu brochure for first quarter of 2008 option on the car. Also USA today had a write up on the fob. :yesnod: My buddy in the parts department said he would call when it becomes a order item and would get one in for me.

Here is the link about it http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2006-11-15-remote-usat_x.htm

Be sure to let us know when you get it and P/N for it.
BTW that article is over a year old. Hope your parts guy is right. :cheers:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever.

Yes -- my life won't be complete until I can tell what my vehicle tire pressure is from 1000 feet away. Did I somehow forget about the $78.00 worth of gas I put in there -- am I outta fuel already? I CANT wait to get into the vehicle to find out if I'm out of gas. Oh yeah, what radio station is set in there, anyway? Did I really lock those doors of my $55000 vehicle, because I can't remember.

Yeah, I just gotta have that. It'll change my life forever. Sorry guys, geek factor aside, this is totally retarded. If The General wants to make it a "gimme" and add it into the vehicles for the future, great, but I'm not going out of my way and paying for that.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude, i know its a bit rediculs, but i would pay 1000 dollars for it and probably will to have it retrofitted in my yukon. im just a gadget freak and its a cool gadget. :cool2:

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be sure to let us know when you get it and P/N for it.
BTW that article is over a year old. Hope your parts guy is right. :cheers:

Yea, I knew the article was old I posted to show a good picture of the fob and the features. I put more stock in the fact it is already in the Sales brochure on some of the 08 cars and the fact that they are stating a first of quarter release in the brochure. The sales manager at the dealership I go to got to play with one at a meeting he attended and the parts guy I deal with is keeping a eye out for more info as it comes out. I will let you guys know when I get my hands on a part number and what it will take to work with the 07 Model. Hope not much other then it having to learn the vehicle it's programmed too.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About a month ago, the guys on Trucks on Spike tested one and it seemed to work OK. :yesnod:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geek. :smilielol:

jk...

if im a geek then i would know how to turn off my computer:confused: :confused: :smilielol: most of the time i just give up and unplug the dang thing. :rolleyes2: :eek:

but dude, im never gunna sell this thing, so any amount of money i put in is worth it. i dont really care about resale because i plan to see the 500k mark on the od then change the engine and see the 1000k mark

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
if im a geek then i would know how to turn off my computer:confused: :confused: :smilielol: most of the time i just give up and unplug the dang thing. :rolleyes2: :eek:

but dude, im never gunna sell this thing, so any amount of money i put in is worth it. i dont really care about resale because i plan to see the 500k mark on the od then change the engine and see the 1000k mark

You are a rare animal as most people in California flease a vehicle for 2 or 3 years and go flease another one.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are a rare animal as most people in California flease a vehicle for 2 or 3 years and go flease another one.

i will do that with the sierra, but the yukon is to sentimental to me. i will probably trade the denali, eather cash out or get a new one. depending on my maturial status in 5 years though it may not be for me. :cryin:

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You know, I feel you on that... When I purchase a vehicle, I always go into it like I'm going to own it FOR LIFE!!! Like a wife or a pet!!! :crazy: But somehow, it doesn't work out that way (w/ the vehicle, that is... :lol: )...although, our minivan :)shhh:)stayed w/ us for about 6-7 yrs/97K mi...that's prolly the longest I've held onto a vehicle...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, I feel you on that... When I purchase a vehicle, I always go into it like I'm going to own it FOR LIFE!!! Like a wife or a pet!!! :crazy: But somehow, it doesn't work out that way (w/ the vehicle, that is... :lol: )...although, our minivan :)shhh:)stayed w/ us for about 6-7 yrs/97K mi...that's prolly the longest I've held onto a vehicle...

its worked with my 17 year old boat, bought it with 6 hours (well my dad did, i mean i was 3), now have 1563 hours on it. again my first boat, dont plan on replaceing it EVER.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its worked with my 17 year old boat, bought it with 6 hours (well my dad did, i mean i was 3), now have 1563 hours on it. again my first boat, dont plan on replaceing it EVER.

You know, I'm almost ashamed to admit this...BUT, I'm already eye-balling the Escalade ESV!!! :drool: Good thing it doesn't fit the budget as of yet, or I'd be @ the Cadillac dealer tomorrow raisin' hell :willynilly: if I could... Thank goodness the wife and kids help keep me on level ground, though...:crazy: :lol: PLUS, I promised the wife a new ride soon anyways...;) Gotta keep Mama happy too! :yesnod: :eek:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, I'm almost ashamed to admit this...BUT, I'm already eye-balling the Escalade ESV!!! :drool: Good thing it doesn't fit the budget as of yet, or I'd be @ the Cadillac dealer tomorrow raisin' hell :willynilly: if I could... Thank goodness the wife and kids help keep me on level ground, though...:crazy: :lol: PLUS, I promised the wife a new ride soon anyways...;) Gotta keep Mama happy too! :yesnod: :eek:

i know dude, 71k for a fully loaded one, i get the same features in my sierra denali for 30k less. plus i get the pick up capabilities. and it will haul @ss. :D

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know dude, 71k for a fully loaded one, i get the same features in my sierra denali for 30k less. plus i get the pick up capabilities. and it will haul @ss. :D

You know, I'm not a real "pickup truck" kinda dude...being from the Northeast and all (sports sedans have always had my heart)... But, I gotta say that I REALLY FELL IN LOVE w/ the Avalanche when they rolled out w/ the new body style!!! Everytime I saw one on the road (especially rim'd up), I'd somehow try and convince myself that I needed a pickup truck w/ a family of 5!!! :lol: How stupid of me!!! :crazy: Well, I still love the way they look--perfect balance of style, brawn and functionality, IMO. (I'm sure your Sierra boasts the same, if not more of those qualities) I even had a chance to rent a Silverado last year as a loaner @ the Nissan dealer (go figure). That thing rode soooo smoooooth and had plenty of power to boot!!! Made the F150 that I previously rented feel like a Yugo in comparison (if you remember those cars!)... ;)

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, I'm not a real "pickup truck" kinda dude...being from the Northeast and all (sports sedans have always had my heart)... But, I gotta say that I REALLY FELL IN LOVE w/ the Avalanche when they rolled out w/ the new body style!!! Everytime I saw one on the road (especially rim'd up), I'd somehow try and convince myself that I needed a pickup truck w/ a family of 5!!! :lol: How stupid of me!!! :crazy: Well, I still love the way they look--perfect balance of style, brawn and functionality, IMO. (I'm sure your Sierra boasts the same, if not more of those qualities) I even had a chance to rent a Silverado last year as a loaner @ the Nissan dealer (go figure). That thing rode soooo smoooooth and had plenty of power to boot!!! Made the F150 that I previously rented feel like a Yugo in comparison (if you remember those cars!)... ;)

yea im a huge truck and suv guy, the only sports sedan i like is the dts and sts V

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines

I parked next to an Escalade 07 or 08 and couldn't help but drool over thing, it is the Tahoe in it's ultimate form, a true elegant masterpiece on wheels.

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I hate to say it but its a great SUV the only thing it catches my attention is that 403HP :yesnod: something I wish Chevy can update the engine for the Tahoe, 320HP sounds weak for me, I suggest 345HP or so. but that's just me