Exhaust/intakes??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HOFOSHO

Reaction score
What do you all have on your trucks?? prices, pros/cons of systems and intakes? I am thinking a K&N, but i am not sure with the exhaust. Seeing MBRP and Gibson with good prices. How do they compare to bigger names like Corsa and Borla??

clkelley

Reaction score
K&N is a decent intake, but S&B and AFE are better IMHO. MBRP are great products as well, but don't really compare to the Borla and Corsa. Now, personally, I like Magnaflow for an aggressive sounds while under throttle but not driving you crazy at highway speeds.

Let me know if I can help you hunt down your options. I am offering a forum member discount on all parts purchased by TF members.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For the 09+ vehicles, I would not recommend the Volant.

NORCAL SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jenna why is that?? i used the normal filter not their upgraded one.

nannerb121

Reaction score
I have the Flowmaster 40 series CatBack in my 09 and I've had it for about a year now and I absolutely love it! The drone is not bad at all but yet when you hit it, it gives off a great roar and sounds amazing! I am not running any intake in mine though. I have also heard that the Magnas are much quieter than people think and they offen complain about how they thought it'd be louder than it actually was. I talked to a guy that has had 4 different types of exhaust systems and told me without a doubt his favorite was the Flow 40 and told me not to even check out the others. But being my stubborn self, I looked anyway and found his opinion to be absolutely perfect and I only recommend the Flow 40 to anyone that wants a great roar but limited drone.

BigBlueLB756

Reaction score
An AirAid Modular Intake Tube and an AFE ProDry S air filter in the stock air box takes care of the intake side, while a DynoMax UltraPro welded muffler (#17233) takes care of the exhaust.

100_0208.jpg

100_0163.jpg

NORCAL SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is that exhaust 3 or 3.5 inches. Stock cat back is 3.5 inches thats why i went wtih the 3.5 in/out magnaflow muffler keeps it a true 3.5 set up for 130 bucks

ccorona01

Reaction score
Magnaflow all day!! Flowmaster sounds like **** in the cabin an gives off a horrible sound. Borla makes a great complete exhaust system if you wanna pay the money. I have a Magnaflow and it sounds great around town but on the freeway it quites down.