Extended Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrizg

Reaction score
When I got my hoe three weeks ago I told the finance person I only wanted a GM extended warranty. He presented the VehicleOne warranty and said it was a GM warranty. From what I can tell online this isn't a GM warranty but GM supported or something like that.

Question is I am thinking about going back and getting a refund for it due to whats happening in the world. If VehicleOne goes out of business it will be worthless. The truck has 4/48 and at 15k now with a in-service date of July 2007. Also has the 5/100 power train so I am not sure if I will need the 6/100 that I got extra for it.

Thoughts? I haven't read anywhere about VehicleOne going out, but its a possibility in these current times

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VehicleOne definitely isn't a GMPP warranty. I'd get my money back. Once things settle down you can get a GMPP warranty cheap online. You can buy a GMPP up until your original factory warranty expiration.

jnicks01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pushing 32K now on mine. I am 100% getting an extended GM Protection plan. Can you recommend any online websites to check out.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fitcher Chevrolet in Montana has always sold GMPP warranties for their cost + $50. I got a warranty from them for my previous Vette and my dad got one for his Avalanche. If they're still doing it in a year or two, I'll get one for my new Vette and Yukon.

DownTownDru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fitcher Chevrolet in Montana has always sold GMPP warranties for their cost + $50. I got a warranty from them for my previous Vette and my dad got one for his Avalanche. If they're still doing it in a year or two, I'll get one for my new Vette and Yukon.

I see your location is Dallas... so these guys in Montana don't care if you purchased there? Do you have a contact name to share?

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A GMPP warranty is good at any Chevy dealer. It doesn't matter where you buy your car, where you buy your warranty, or where you get your service.

I can't remember the guy's name. Just ask for the guy who sells GMPP warranties on the Corvetteforum. That is how I found him. He can sell GMPP warranties for any GM vehicle though.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, found the name in an old email. Dennis Fitchner is the man to ask for to get the warranty.

Gruson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a new Tahoe a couple of weeks ago too.

I also got the extended warranty but noticed it was a Fidelity warranty and not GMPP.

I called the dealer, told them I wanted the GMPP, and they told me to come in to get it switched.

Got the 100k / 6 year Major Guard for $1100.