FCA - Forward Collision Alert/ LKA - Lane Keep Assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abaum1

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how these two systems are supposed to work? There are several GM Youtube videos out there with that shows the system and mine does not work like the videos show.

My 2016 Tahoe LS was built with the Enhanced Driver Alert Pkg. $695 option
Build code = Y86 Driver Alert Package, UEU Sensor Forward Collision
PCW- LT Plus Pkg

1. FCA - i get a green car icon, but the icon never changes color if i approach other cars. I have never seen red HUD lights either. no beeps or audibles?? I know there are settings to pick either vibrating driver seat or audible alarm.

2. LKA - this system seems to work, but i never get audio feedback. i will get a amber icon when i leave a lane and steering wheel will have a gentle tug.

Can anyone comment on these systems? If someone has these options can you comment on how they work and if you like the options?

I already took the truck in and they calibrated the camera. still doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Thank you in advance.

ALLYN

Captain3jack

Reaction score
Most likely you have a broken camera. I am on my 3rd camera in 5 months. Right now GM doesn't have a replacement camera.

NowakPE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are also settings to select how sensitive the FCA system is. Have you checked the sensitivity settings?

Our 2015 LS with the same package works fine. We have the settings on maximum sensitivity.

abaum1

Reaction score
i am aware of the settings, and it doesn't make a difference. I took service advisor and lead mechanic out for test drive this past friday and they are supposed to get back to me. Short of me crashing the truck into another vehicle, the FCA system did not alert.

BlessedHellRide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having an issue with the front parking sensor alerting when car is in front of me. Although I did have the issue wit my previous vehicle from Ram too.

tdriver113

Reaction score
You have to get what I call "Danger Close" to see the red HUD display.

3sons66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to get what I call "Danger Close" to see the red HUD display.

Yes, mine is the same - does not work unless I slam the gas to go pass someone and come up on them fast before pulling out to pass. Only time it works even with sensitivity maxed out.