Finally Got My Denali back on Friday!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't stand the Dealer, I just got back ny Denali it was in the shop for a week and a day to fix the steering wheel control lights that's all they had to fix. They replaced almost everything BCM board, switches you name it. I called GM and they got involved because it took so long, they told the dealership tp grab an 09 Denali and start taking out all the parts that go to the steering controls. After all they found the problem it was a blown fuse they said it fused itself back together and they could not tell it was blown. The day before I got it back I got into it with the Service Mgr. and he told me that if they find that they find out that it was my fault they were going to charge me for the rental car they gave me and I told him he would not be standing there if they tried it. I have HIDS so thats what he was refering to. They next day it was done and of course it was not my fault and they did not give me any comps. like free oil change or changes or even fill up my car. My Denali was really clean when it went in and when i got it back it was full of dust and had 2 or 4 grease smudges on the drivers door panel on the inside! What should I do with this delaer? GM Customer Asst. called and told me they were going to compinsate me but I want the dealer to get whats coming to them.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that GM will do anything. If I were you, I would not have taken the vehicle back until the thoroughly washed the outside and inside of the vehicle. This whole issue is uncalled for. IMHO, there were some dumbfu(ks working on your truck.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this was my car in this situation I would go ballistic, all that BS is unneccessary! And also I'm happy they didn't try and BS you over the HIDs, since I plan on buying some this week, after all it is a BULB, any negative effects it could possibly have would be completely minimal!
Good job holding your temper!:thumbsup:

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A blown fuse that fused itself back together? If that was the case your lights should have worked. A fuse either allows current to pass or not, that is a really lame excuse, I call shenanigans.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A blown fuse that fused itself back together? If that was the case your lights should have worked. A fuse either allows current to pass or not, that is a really lame excuse, I call shenanigans.

Took the words right out of my keyboard. Lmao @ "fused itself back together." Really if you think about it, that doesn't make sense. You need to go back and demand free oil changes at least.

08 Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of the misfortune at your Dealer. There are Good Dealers and Bad ones. Same with employees at dealerships.

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with GM Customer Assist. for all of the inconveinance's that I had over my Denali being in the shop for steering wheel control lights. They gave me what they call it the Smart Service Protection plan for 2 years/24,000 miles for free. It covers all oil change's, tire rotation's and other stuff not covered under the standard warranty. Do you guys think this is a fair deal they gave me? I think it was pretty good, but I told her I also wanted the dealership to be held accountable to. She told me that they opened a complaint file on them or something like that. I just called the dealer and they told me they didn't plan on giving me anything for the inconveinance and I told hime my vehicle was spotless when it went in and it came out full of dust and a couple of grease spots on the inside interior door. I detailed it this weekend because I like to have my Denali clean all the time. The Service Mgr. told me he was putting in the computer that when the next time my car comes in for service that they have to clean my vehicle inside and out. I don't plan on using this dealership anymore, but I guess I will one more time since they have to clean it and I ha free oil changes. Would any of you stay with this dealership or would you go somewhere else?

Thanks for all of you help!