Finally happened. My 'hoe got hit today!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bottom line is I don't care where you came from, just follow the letter of the law and have insurance when you drive, that is all anyone would ask as driving and owning a vehicle is responsibility.

having insurance didnt pay for my mirror though, paid for my dads but i cheaped out and didnt get full covereage, i think im gunna upgrade.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
having insurance didnt pay for my mirror though, paid for my dads but i cheaped out and didnt get full covereage, i think im gunna upgrade.

That's why I have full coverage. As much money as I dump into my vehicles, it's only wise to choose full coverage.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I think I'm done venting..I never really got to, so I saw the chance, and well, it kinda felt good!:thumbsup:
BTW None of that was meant towards anybody on this forum, UNLESS you're also part of some previous police reports I have.:D

Hope everything feels the same JK..
You gonna try and mount that spare 24" on the lift gate???:giggling:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
...You gonna try and mount that spare 24" on the lift gate???:giggling:

With a motor so it spins:D

I just thought of something earlier; it's possible the wobble could be from a bent axle shaft. We'll see once the body shop gets a closer inspection. So far the estimates only avg out about $1000, but that's without a replacememnt wheel and incidental charges, like rebalancing and tire mounting, etc. And if it's a bent axle shaft, it's going to be higher. We shall wait and see....

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got some body damage, some jackA$$ hit my car with a shopping cart at Wal-mart. The sad part is I didn't see the dent until about a week later. Sorry about your car. Body Damage $ucks.

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(I just thought of something earlier; it's possible the wobble could be from a bent axle shaft.)
I doubt its a bent axle shaft because the rear rotors would bind the caliper,If it bent it would bend at the hub causing your rotor to wobble.. you def would of felt something when you applied the brakes but anything is possible.Hope everything works out for ya:yesnod:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
(I just thought of something earlier; it's possible the wobble could be from a bent axle shaft.)
I doubt its a bent axle shaft because the rear rotors would bind the caliper,If it bent it would bend at the hub causing your rotor to wobble.. you def would of felt something when you applied the brakes but anything is possible.Hope everything works out for ya:yesnod:

True. Thanks.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that really sucks you got hit, even more by an illegal. Just goes to show how much they get away with, and people like you and me get screwed. I'm waiting for the day this happens to me.

Rwayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't wait for it.. Cause in most cases, LIKE ALL OF MINE, YOU get screwed. I now try to spot the cars that look like they might have a IA handling the wheel and try to give them about a IDK, a 15car diameter zone, and I just do my very F*(k!NG best to avoid it !!

seriously

str8wkd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey JK thanks on the tgo have been there but been awile thanks for the refresh on memory still eratates me to here you have to pay for someone els's neglance hope to see piks when done. P.S I know my spelling is sh*^y

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JK, just for a thought. I was hit years ago and they kept going and slammed into another car. Private parking lot, police called, no insurance, etc. I am not latigious but was anger so.....I went to small claims. Hit him for the insurance deductable, cost of a rental, lost time from work (added up phone calls made from work, any late mornings due to getting a rental, leaving early to pick my car up from the body shop, took one full day to pick out a tire, etc). Won the case hands down. When the guy missed his first monthly payment to the sheriff's office I complained and they sent notice. Second month he went to jail. Third month all the money showed up. I just was not willing to let him get by and, to be honest, the fact that the money was hard for him to get was fine with me! He did choose to pay over going to jail for a week every month. It could be worth your time, if you so choose.

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the double post.

No, he was not. He was, however, drunk. He was also quite angry in court when it became obvious that he was going to have to shell out $1800 saying "I need that money."

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
HIGH4, thanks for the response. So far it looks like that's the direction I am headed, as the person who hit me has been doing their hardest to avoid meeting up with me and even answering my call now. She finally said the owner of the vehicle wants to look at the damage (it wasn't her vehicle she hit me with) in a couple days. So we'll see in a couple days if we're going to court or if someone is going to take care of it for me.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its in their best intrest to settle it with out involving the court. if they do they will all get busted. the people who let her use her car un insured will get fined, and the IA will probably be deported or given assistance in becoming a real citizen.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Here's the latest development:
Recently this person has been ignoring my calls. The one time she did answer she told me in Spanish to F*** off. So, after blowing up her phone all day and bugging her at her work, she finally had someone who knows the English language call me lastnight. After going through everything that happened and the quotes from several body shops, she tells me that she has a cheaper quote from someone else. She said the qoutes I gave her were too high, because it was only a scratch.
"Only a scratch?!?!?! You must have been so scared of the policia and immigration that you didn't see the CREASE in my passenger door, torn up moulding, the crease in the quarter panel lip, chipped paint, and the paint from your truck on my wheel!! First of all, the truck isn't going to some Eastside body shop and getting repaired half-ass. Second, how the hell did you get a quote when they haven't even seen the damage on the truck?"
Then she asks me if she could take MY truck to the body shop of HER choice to get an estimate!! "Are you f'ing nuts?!?! First, NO ONE drives my truck but my wife and I. Second, you can't even drive your own vehicle the right way without hitting someone, remember?!? You must be out of your F'ing mind."
Man, I was so PO'ed she would even ask something like that. She's been ignoring my calls and the only reason she called back was because I left a msg on her voicemail that I was taking her to court and then INS would take over from there for not obeying state laws.
So anyway, she said she would call back tomorrow so we could meet up and she could look at the damage and the actual quotes on paper. I told her this is her last chance and if she doesn't call me tomorrow, then we are going to court.