flowmaster and 07 denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IronMedic

Reaction score
hey guys
im trying to get more growl out of my denali. its pretty loud for a stock vehicle and i want to get a flowmaster slip on muffler instead of a whole kit. i have looked everywhere for video/threads and cant find much on this subject. anyone have a flowmaster on their 07-09 denali?

mikeb33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For more growl, a lot of people replace the rear resonator with a pipe that includes an attractive tip. Volant and SLP make these items. I am told it is barely louder under mild use, but aggressive on medium and hard acceleration.

mikeb33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I think they are expensive for what you get, but it is nice to have an easy bolt on.
I too am going to check with a muffler shop, but I worry that 3.25" is too big for them to fabricate. And where do you find a stainless or chrome tip that is a 3.25" inlet?
Still would be nice and I would have mine exit in back, under the bumper.

IronMedic

Reaction score
im thinking about ripping the door moldings off and debadge my denali. sometime next week ill get the quote done for the exhaust. i cant wait to hear it with the resonator removed.

HOGWILD

Reaction score
go with a magnaflow race 6 inch muffler with 3" inlet 3" outlet....great sound with no drone...best sounding magnaflow I have ever heard...not a big fan of flowmaster...I like the flow through mufflers ...better flow...put the K&N air intake on and did my exhaust 3 inch all the way with that race muffler...the tahoe is a whole new beast....if you don't want it to loud you can always go with a 16 muffler....if your just looking for sound go with what you like ...if looking for more flow stay way from flowmaster