flowmaster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97 2door tahoe

Reaction score
i really want to run the super 44, but they dont make it in a 2in 2out setup, is anyone running the 40 series or 50...plz give ur feedback about how you feel on them!!!

Thanks~Sean

fyremanpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had my 40 series for about 5 years now. Ive also had 2 single in/out and 1 dual in/out. Im running dual in/out and happy with it. Didnt notice much of a difference between the two though.

yuhoe96

Reaction score
i just baught the super 40 dual in dual out from summit on sale $95.00 i will post a video when i get it installed

96cherry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
running single in single out offset , 2mufflers true duals baby and love the sound

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the super 40 and no, it wont wake the neighbors. unless you stomp it in the driveway, and they are light sleepers. when your off throttle with the flowmaster brand, its generally pretty low, and gurgley-burbley sounding.
if you need to wake anyone up, get glasspacks or something. :)

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I have the 50 series on mine too and it is to quiet. Just get true duals with an X or H pipe

clean95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have flowmaster 40 series but its a few years old with 3inch catback single in and 3inch single out with about 6iches of tubing coming out the muffler and then angled at the ground. and its loud as hell when ur foots mashed to the floor, its raspy and when at idle it has that perfect lobe sound, people say when they hear me commn i sound like a musle car! ill get a sound clip up when i get the hoe back from the tranny shop, on Friday,

Paul Greathouse

Reaction score
I just had a 40 series single in dual out put on my 95' two door Tahoe. The tailpipes go straight out the back on each side of the drop hitch. With the two door, the flowmaster is pretty much right under the rear seat.

The idle sound is great and it sounds good up to about 70mph. Past that, you had better like loud because it is. My motor is stock and you have to turn up the radio if you want to still hear it running 80+ on the interstate.

I was thinking about dropping back to a 50 series on the Hoe and putting the 40 on my pickup. Is the 50 really that quiet? I've got a 70 on my pickup and it is really quiet, I though maybe the 50 might be just right for the 2 door Hoe.

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im working with 2 40 series true duals. they sound tuff...:Chevy::gun:

97 2door tahoe

Reaction score
alright Thanks 4 that info!!!!! i think im gonna go with the 40's. i want it loud enough to hear but not like an airplane lol...u guys r the sh#t

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
word. let us know what you get/if you like it.
if you get a 40 and dont like it, we never talked.

(click)

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o you can hear the 50 series, and its nice cruising on the highway since my truck is geared for 38's and i've just got 35's on it (higher RPM on the highway) and it is just under being really annoying.

its just not loud enough when its idling.