For all you body work gurus....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpmaniac87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, i backed into a friend's truck, nothing too bad, but there is one dent and i was wondering what the best way to try and fix ALL of this is, including the paint streaks ( i think they could just buff out...)

n26509619_33959445_1126.jpg

Preciate it

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s creased pretty badly. If you remove the rear tire, inter fender and possibly the tail pipe you might be able to hammer and dolly it out. Keep the dolly on the outside and cover it with a soft cloth, tap from the inside. TAP being the key word here, be careful not to tip the body hammer and strike flush. DO NOT use a nail hammer. If you have a heat lamp or something to worm it, this will help the paint not to crack and make the metal more pliable. After you have it as good as you are going to get it, use some scratch doctor by nu-finish, that stuff works pretty good. Then finish with the wax of your choice. I like Mothers….. Good luck

Last edited:

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, i backed into a friend's truck, nothing too bad, but there is one dent and i was wondering what the best way to try and fix ALL of this is, including the paint streaks ( i think they could just buff out...)

n26509619_33959445_1126.jpg

Preciate it

That will definitely come out. I had one similar to that but about twice the size a month or two ago, except my paint was chipped off and separated from the metal. I brought it to a paintless dent removal place to get the dent out and then brought it to a body shop to have it repainted. They got all but one tiny little flat spot out, it looks as good as new. The PDR was like $100, but having it repainted was a different story :cryin:.