Front end/ Steering issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

natedawg87

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I just recently picked up some tires and rims off of a friend of mine for my truck. They are considerably larger than the stock and they look amazing on it. But I've noticed that when I'm on the brakes anywhere between 35mph and 45 mph the steering wheel goes nuts and the front end just shakes like there's no tomorrow.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this. And if anyone can tell me why it may be doing this. I really don't want to have to get rid of my newly acquired tires for this reason. Please help!

Nate

99Bo-Tie

Reaction score
Well first thing that comes to mind is warped rotors? Did it only start after you put the different wheels on? May need to get them balanced.
Jim

vinmhslax15

Reaction score
Similar problem

check ur pitman arm and idler arm. common components in the front end to go bad on these rigs

aquaholic

Reaction score
what is cosiderably larger than stock? what brand and type are the tires? do you currently have a steering stabilizer?