Front End Thumping At Low Speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnicks01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 Z71....I am starting to notice a thumping noise which seems like it is coming from my front passenger wheel. It is most noticable at low speeds while coasting to a stop or braking. I'm planning on rotating my tires to see if that helps. My research says it may be a broken belt in the tire. Has anyone had a broken belt before? The previous owner must have driven on a flat for a while, because the whole outside wall of the tire is a little scuffed, but not defective from what I can see.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
If a tire had a seperated belt, you would noticeit at all speeds. Im thinking a coilover has gone out on you.

jnicks01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if the thumping conforms with the speed at which my tire is rotating? I have to check on my brake pad life, so I'll give it a look at the same time.

MDTAHOE1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you make sure the wheel is not falling off? I the tire belt was broken it would vibrate bad?