Front lower Valance ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rksportinc

Reaction score
Hoe1.jpg

Nice tahoe by the way.

thanks

Playa70

Reaction score
I've seen one on cardomain but it was black and hard to tell how it looked up close. I'm pretty sure (not positive) there will be clips revealed that the valance snaps in. You could have them shaved down though. Anything is possible!

rksportinc

Reaction score
I was thinking of that. I am sure I can come up with a fix for that using plastic plugs or white vinyl patches, that is if its only under the bumper. I was looking at the front, and I was suprised to see how low it really is. Hopefully someone has removed it. thanks for your reply.

Luis

Reaction score
I could be wrong about this but I think it would hurt fuel mileage. It would allow more air to go under your hoe than around it.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It says that in the manual. You are supposed to remove it for off roading. It says not to leave it off as it needs it for proper circulation.

frankthetank

Reaction score
hey, I have removed mine. There has been no change in fuel mileage. In my opinion it looks a 100% better with it off. There is a strip of clips that is very small that is left in the center, hardly noticeable unless you are really looking for them. They would be very easy to remove. It does help with scratches more than you think, it wasn't even a week till I scratched the lower driver side, but I was on a back road fishing and some friendly fella decided to park blocking the road and the only way to get by was to test the yukon on a small pot hole. Well, the pot hole won the battle, the ranch hand grill guard did save it a little. Sorry I don't have any pictures with it off and the ranch hand on. I have been meaning to take some pictures, going out of town for the 4th but should get some up the first of next week.

frankthetank

Reaction score
One more note, I got to looking at the Z71's and their valance is only on the sides. This leads me to believe that there should not be a problem with cooling or any other matters. Also, there is not any noticeable wind noise with the valance off, even with the mesh grill on the ranch hand there is not any noise. Hope this is helpful, if you have any other question feel free to ask away.

rksportinc

Reaction score
One more note, I got to looking at the Z71's and their valance is only on the sides. This leads me to believe that there should not be a problem with cooling or any other matters. Also, there is not any noticeable wind noise with the valance off, even with the mesh grill on the ranch hand there is not any noise. Hope this is helpful, if you have any other question feel free to ask away.

Thank you for your information. i will check out the Z71 model. If you can take some pictures after the 4th that would be cool

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the manual:

If you think you will need some more ground clearance at the front of your vehicle, you
can remove the front fascia lower air dam. The front fascia lower air dam is held in place by two bolts and 10 snap features. The bolts and snap features are accessible from underneath the front fascia.

The following steps must be performed on the bolts and snap features to remove the air dam:
1. Remove the two outboard air dam bolts.
2. With a flat-blade screwdriver, push down on the snap features and disengage the snaps.
3. After the bolts are removed and the snaps are disengaged, push forward on the air dam until it is free.

When you are back on roads, though, be sure to replace the air dam.
Notice: Operating your vehicle for extended periods without the front fascia lower air
dam installed can cause improper air flow to the engine. Always be sure to replace the front fascia air dam when you are finished off-road driving.

srj980

Reaction score
The front valence has bothered me ever since I bought my Tahoe and I recently removed mine. I have experienced no difference in noise, gas mileage, or anything else. The guard snaps into a lip that is part of the front molding. I didnt like the way the lip looked after taking off the guard so I took a reciprocating saw to it to make it level and flush on the bottom. I know it sounds a lot worse than it really was. I dont have pictures of what it looks like before I sawed off the lip, but here is a picture of how it looks now. I like it much better. I hope to post a higher quality picture soon but this is all I have right now.

Attachments

• IMG00180.jpg
    IMG00180.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG00179.jpg
    IMG00179.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

rksportinc

Reaction score
The front valence has bothered me ever since I bought my Tahoe and I recently removed mine. I have experienced no difference in noise, gas mileage, or anything else. The guard snaps into a lip that is part of the front molding. I didnt like the way the lip looked after taking off the guard so I took a reciprocating saw to it to make it level and flush on the bottom. I know it sounds a lot worse than it really was. I dont have pictures of what it looks like before I sawed off the lip, but here is a picture of how it looks now. I like it much better. I hope to post a higher quality picture soon but this is all I have right now.

I like it.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Look what you did, your truck is leaking all over the ground now!