Front Wiper Arm Removal - 2007 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sardonic

Reaction score
I'm having the notorious soaked passenger-side floorboard issue with my 2007 Z71 Tahoe. I had the drains on my sunroof blown out at the local Chevrolet house a few weeks ago and thought that might have been the issue; however, after a couple of days of heavy rain, the passenger floorboard is soaked once again.

The windshield has NOT been replaced (to my knowledge), and the leak is originating under the glove box where you can look-up toward the corner and see visible wires in the little open area. I know...not the perfect description, and I'll try and take/post a pic soon. I can reach my fingers into that open area and squeeze water out of the "spongy" firewall material. I've done quite a bit of research, and I'm thinking about removing my wiper arms and taking off the wiper cowl to check for missing/rusty screws, cracks in the firewall, etc.

Basically, I'd like to know the steps that I need to take to remove both the front windshield wiper arms AND the wiper cowl...especially how and where to remove the wiper fluid tubes.

I'm assuming it's pretty easy, but I don't feel like snapping something accidentally. Thanks in advance!

Thuhreb

Reaction score
How did you end up removing the wiper arm? I see something that might look like a That there should be a screw under it. I don't know if I'm supposed to pull on the cap or twist it off.