Glad to have a Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was an accident nearby where some fools in a small japanese car lost control at a "high rate of speed" and spun head on into a yukon.
3 people in the small car died, one is in critical condition. The folks in the yukon were treated for bruises at the scene.
I dont care about the high price of gas anymore, me and my family are worth the extra money.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:iagree: X1000000000000000

There was an accident nearby where some fools in a small japanese car lost control at a "high rate of speed" and spun head on into a yukon.
3 people in the small car died, one is in critical condition. The folks in the yukon were treated for bruises at the scene.
I dont care about the high price of gas anymore, me and my family are worth the extra money.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines

You are in good company here as we all feel that way here, trucks can be replaced, people can't.

AAHTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came upon an accident a few months ago where a Honda Accord made a left turn only to be hit by a 07 Tahoe coming from the opposite direction. The Honda was totaled and the Tahoe had drivable damage to the front bumper. I get challenged all the time by smaller cars with drivers who probably think that Tahoes are slow and are begging to be cut off in traffic or turned in front of.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are very quick. They have a moment of lag when you hit it from a dead stop, but it is certainly nothing anybody with any sense would challenge

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that lull is gm's torque management, they have a protection on abusive manuvers, and flooring it is one when stopped. it just protects the drive train. I HATE IT. but there is a program that changes that.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you ever thought that maybe if the person hadn't been driving a yukon that the people in the japanese car might have lived?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you ever thought that maybe if the person hadn't been driving a yukon that the people in the japanese car might have lived?

have you ever thought that if they were also in a yukon they might have lived.

its their choice. but lets not start an arguemnt about this ok.

infact most of the DUI's around here involve a sedan and a ricer and both partys die, so it really just depends on the accident.

Vrrooom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Gambler, if not for them hitting a Yukon, they would have most likely lived. Majority of the time when a car hits a big SUV, the occupants get hurt alot more than if they were to hit another car. Simple reason is sheer size and height of the SUV to the cars crumple zones.

It would be ideal if there were no SUVs so everyone had equal sized vehicles making everyone just as safe. However, thats not true with the world. And Id much rather be in that big SUV and keep my family safe then be in a small car that someone else rams into me in a big SUV and kills my family.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actully you cant prove that. like i cant prove how a car could be just as dangerous. but what it does prove is no matter how safe the Japanese claim their cars to be, it aint true. ;)

Seatbelts come to mind here too. were the people in the yukon wearing their belts and the ones in the ricer not?

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actully you cant prove that....

Actually you can, it is pretty simple physics. I don't know what kind of collision it was, but if it was head on for example, two cars would have had less combined momentum, and thereby reduced the trauma to the passengers. If you substitute both cars for two Yukons it is likely that everybody dies. So, as Vrrooom said if everybody was driving a 5 star crash test rating Honda Civic less people would die. But since that isn't going to ever happen (not a perfect world), we can either be selfish and armor ourselves with SUVs, or open ourselves up to be killed. I'll take the former thanks...

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 3 dead people in the small car were not wearing seat belts. The survivor was. The 3 who died were thrown out of the vehicle(dont ask me how, it was not a convertible). I saw the 2 cars, the small car was mangled beyond recognition, the yukon looked like it rear ended another yukon at a low speed.
Seat belts are the great equalizer, wear them.
Small cars can be made to withstand a collision with a large suv, but that costs money, so you wont see it happen.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SEE, i bet if the three who died were wearing their seat belts they would have survived since they were thrown out of the vehicle.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read about an accident last week where a man lost control went through a guard rail, was thrown out of his car and the car then ran over him and killed him. Seat belts are basic safety, cheap and effective.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SEE, i bet if the three who died were wearing their seat belts they would have survived since they were thrown out of the vehicle.

Possibly, but that doesn't negate the physics. Once you reach a certain speed with head-on collisions, it doesn't matter if you are wearing a seatbelt or not. You just have to pray your vehicle has more mass.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i guess. but i wonder how the yukon turned out. Any PICS??

i just think that we should not bash an suv while we both are guilty of owning at least one.

but on the same token we live in america and have a right to drive what we want, so if i want to drive an suv so i can live on, sorry that they died, but they should think of stuff like that, im not saying we should all go and get suvs, but i dont care what you drive, i just like knowing that im safe, plus a good driver can make up for it anyways.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possibly, but that doesn't negate the physics. Once you reach a certain speed with head-on collisions, it doesn't matter if you are wearing a seatbelt or not. You just have to pray your vehicle has more mass.

What you are saying becomes obvious if you take it to the absurd extreme.
A freight train running into a small animal, while the animal is virtually vaporized the train will not notice a thing.

OStateFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my thought on this: If the drivers had not lost control they would all still be alive. It is the stupidity and lackadaisical attitude towards driving and personal responsibility that kills people and wrecks cars. There are very few causal factors outside of drivers themselves.