GMOS-LAN-01 and Reverse Sensors Question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PHXdesertTahoe

Reaction score
Getting ready to get some stuff to upgrade the audio in my Tahoe. I've heard I may loose my blinker clicks using the LAN-01 adapter for the new radio which is fine, however I was concerned I may loose the audio beeps from the back up warning sensors when pulling out in reverse. Anyone have any expirience with this? I know the LAN-01 adapter is supposed to maintain the warning chimes, just wasn't sure if the audio from the reverse sensors was included.

As always thanks much for your help.

Matt.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the GMOS was intended to allow you to retain the turn signals... If you lose the turn signals you are going to lose your door chimes and the rear parking chimes too in all likelihood.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, as I thought, this is from crutchfields website:

Solution: Metra's GMOS-LAN-01 GM data bus interface lets you replace the factory receiver in these vehicles while keeping OnStar, along with the door chime and audible safety warnings. Hook the GMOS-LAN-01 to your aftermarket radio, mount the module, and plug it into the existing factory plug. Get the great sound you want, and keep all important safety features intact. And you can adjust volume settings for OnStar as well as the safety chimes.

Xclusive

Reaction score
Getting ready to get some stuff to upgrade the audio in my Tahoe. I've heard I may loose my blinker clicks using the LAN-01 adapter for the new radio which is fine, however I was concerned I may loose the audio beeps from the back up warning sensors when pulling out in reverse. Anyone have any expirience with this? I know the LAN-01 adapter is supposed to maintain the warning chimes, just wasn't sure if the audio from the reverse sensors was included.

As always thanks much for your help.

Matt.

No you do not lose any of those things you listed. You might just have to adjust the petiometer or the jumpers to get them those things to be a little louder if they are too low in volume. Did you purchase one of these already? If so how much did it cost you if yo dont mind me askin.

PHXdesertTahoe

Reaction score
No you do not lose any of those things you listed. You might just have to adjust the petiometer or the jumpers to get them those things to be a little louder if they are too low in volume. Did you purchase one of these already? If so how much did it cost you if yo dont mind me askin.

Thanks for the responses Everyone :D

As for the adapter I haven't purchased it yet, but when you order a radio through crutchfield they discount it from $129 I think down to $65. I also found the adapter on JP customs for about $110 I think it was.

Matt.