Got my T-Crank and New Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to get the Pro Comps but when I found these Coopers and found out they are a 3 ply I had to decide. These are quiet and seem to handle anything. Wet traction has been good as well. I live in Portland OR where we have twice as many very rainy days as we do dry ones. I haven't encountered any real mud only those puddles that were mainly water. Overall I like them.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They'll be the same price in july, we just have a local show where they go on sale here in denver. Right now is one of the better times to buy them since they aren't marked up. You can buy them online and have them shipped for $90 or pick them up at a local store, cooper makes the pro comps for us and I've had awesome luck with them. The extreme mt's are pretty comparable to the stt, the 305/65/17 exteme at's are a really nice tire too.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah 90% of all the pro comps are made by cooper in the us, some weird sizes are made in another cooper factory in china.

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't rememeber what the brand of the keys was but I had the Yukon leveled and had them throw on a set of Cooper Discoverer STT 33x12.5-17s. Took it through its paces today, the rears rub quite a bit but more on the passenger side.

l_f692a3dba408c485e23763258349d7ec.jpg

l_cf466b1d1916ba13fbacc67554d1db29.jpg

l_6dbb8172497724dc85bdde48e093cecd.jpg

l_b7da309139637c7d803474df0934df7f.jpg

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=34277514

Click this link for a video of a pretty good size mud puddle!!!

Next is the grille.

man that looks good! you know my style is big rims and small tires but i like the way your truck looks. it all goes together nicely. do you do any jumping? my buddy has a jeep liberty and he jumps it and is crazy in that thing. that is fun stuff!!!

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I caught a little air the day after I had everything done but with the rubbing in the rear I am afraid to hit anything big. I hope that the spacers will fix everything so I can tow and now have to worry about it.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Truck's looking good. Nice:thumbsup: I want another truck just so I can lift it with some meatier tires.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is it rubbing? I was close to the outer fender with my 275/55/20s when flexed but it still cleared when I stuffed the tire. Don't jump your truck too high either, 1/2 ton ifs doesn't like it I've fixed quite a few people's trucks that thought it would be ok.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was rubbing the splash guard on the Pass side until it came off. Here are some pics. Driver side isn't rubbing until I add a bunch of weight. Haven't lost the splash guard thing.
14617085415.jpg

I think it's rubbing here because there is no coating on it.

14617085429.jpg

And it looks like here on the shock. There is a really clean spot.

These pics were taken with me Blackberry Pearl so they aren't the best I can take better ones when I get home.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happens all the time at my work dude, most axles are sized differently and alot of oem track bars aren't the correct length. Things like variable spring rates and sagging come into play since no two springs are identical. Spacers should solve the issue or at least make it better, I gotta dig those things out of the shed for you tomorrow.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet, I hope it works. I will send you money just tell me how much. Or just head to Portland sometime and I will buy the first round. Were these still built in the USA or had they already transferred production to Meh-hiko?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not too sure, they came with my belltech kit in case I wanted to drop the back less :lol:

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That doesn't make any sense. You bought a lowering kit and they give you the option to get it higher haha. I guess if you were towing or something you might want it. Haven't you been wanting to get the rear even lower?