Got smoked by 08 silverado!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRTYH0

Reaction score
OK I was at coming back from lunch and I was on the freeway...And this silverado pulls up on 20's nice truck of course its a chevy...I really dont get on the hoe to often but we stepped on it together surprisingly..We started of 60 and well needlest to say i stuck with him for a lil then he just started walking me....I have a 5.3 that well gets up and gos for what it is...I dont have a clue what size motor the silverado had but he spanked me...Has anyone ever ran into the same situation I have...I know the tahoe wasnt meant to race but sometimes you got to do what you got to do...What vehicles can a tahoe take...This happened with a stock 5.3...hopefully the outcome will be different when I install the goodies...

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Not surprised, being that our trucks weigh in at 5000+ lbs with only 275 or so hp depending on yr model. What goodies are you talking about adding?

DRTYH0

Reaction score
Goodies...CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, and a BBtune...Well not much but they are goodies to me..Yea it was a single cab....I mean i knew i wasnt gonna win or blow the doors off i just didnt expect to get walked.....

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran a new body vortecmax down I-25 awhile ago, pulled him pretty good until 95 and then his limiter kicked in and I was out. All you need is a good tune and some boltons to run with a stock nnbs, tune will REALLY wake your truck up.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well today i was hangin with an infinity coop (not sure the real model, the 2 door coop thing) until 45 then he passed me. didnt feel bad as i was very happy that my big yukon xl with a 5.3 hung with a sports car for that long. Plus when i hit 60 on a 45 with curves and a school bus i got kinda scared and slowed down. LOL

But hear is what i have creamed.

2006 toyota tacoma.

2006 toyota tundra

1995 gmc blazer

2005 ford expi

1994 ford bronco

1992 ford f-150 5 speed

1987 k5 blazer
This all was less than 2 weeks ago
yea i get pissed off quite easily when driving. :smilielol:

sasquatch

Reaction score
my friend has an 04 silverado ss awd with the 345 hp 6.0 and i have an 05 yukon with a 5.3, both are completely stock. we raced from a 30 mph roll and he got me by a fender. then we went from a 55 roll and i actually beat him by about a foot. needless to say he`s pissed.:cryin:

DRTYH0

Reaction score
yea the weight is killer!! Hopefully when I get the tune ill try to get with something..Maybe some track action..Ive seen a few hoes here at the 1/8 mile track in Houston..Winter is coming up so weather would be nice for the intake...

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how about this guys i have a co worker who has a ss silverado i beleive its an 04 but its awd he cant even disable the stability control and he was 24's but besides that it is stock, mine is a denali on 20's with a magnaflow exhaust thats all I have If I take out the seat in the back and the woofers- would i smoke the ss or not really I mean its the same engine but hes got larger rims and no mods so what do you guys think?

DRTYH0

Reaction score
I think you should stomp his a$$!!! J/K Im just a sore loser...I would maybe try from a roll first..I dont know about your truck but mine doesnt get off the line to quick..I say take the seats and the speakers out and see what you got..

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually get a good take off with the 6.0 I was just curius bc this foo won't shut up about his truck and how he thinks it's faster

DRTYH0

Reaction score
I say try it....then let us know how bad you whooped him...I think if hes on 24s stock you should be alright...If he sticks with ya from the jump he'll prob start walking on you lil by lil.....

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually get a good take off with the 6.0 I was just curius bc this foo won't shut up about his truck and how he thinks it's faster
Try racing him and if you get beat holler at me, I'll take him down with just an "intake and exhaust" lol.

DRTYH0

Reaction score
Try racing him and if you get beat holler at me, I'll take him down with just an "intake and exhaust" lol.

LOL!!! Sounds like me back in the day at the race track...Ahh its pretty stock just exhaust and couple bolt ons.....and sneaky pete under the seat....

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think you have too much weight compaired to that SS... but than again i dont know... here is what you do... dont race him... just pull his girl and ride off cool like, you have a sweeter ride than that SS, just throw the screws to his ol' lady

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think you have too much weight compaired to that SS... but than again i dont know... here is what you do... dont race him... just pull his girl and ride off cool like, you have a sweeter ride than that SS, just throw the screws to his ol' lady

OMG get together with his mom. GROSS!!!:D

i always think of the mother when the term ol'
lady is used. cause ol'man was who you didnt want to see when you knew you were in trouble.

DRTYH0

Reaction score

I like this idea better...What you do is Line em up Make his girl flag.. Then he takes off you just pull forward tell her your third row is out and the back folds down....and like Tybardy said start throwin the screw to his Ol'lady...He comesback just say hey I guess you won...

DRTYH0

Reaction score
OMG get together with his mom. GROSS!!!:D

i always think of the mother when the term ol'
lady is used. cause ol'man was who you didnt want to see when you knew you were in trouble.

Hey I know it sounds gross but you go in a boy and leave a man...