Got the wheels painted to match today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m0bmentality

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headlights shipped out on the 16th and Tail lights shipped today..

But this is where we are now..........

And just a fun side note.. we bought this truck bone stock January 17th

Attachments

• DSC03450.jpg
    DSC03450.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC03447.jpg
    DSC03447.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 68

sam hamm

Reaction score
dang man it looks good. are the headlights sprayed to match?

m0bmentality

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dang man it looks good. are the headlights sprayed to match?

They are for now.. all we did was clear down the pink we used for the accents and spray the stocks..

BUT

I ordered these head lights and tails and House of Kolor pink kandy and when it all gets here we are painting those so the pink will be clear (like window tint)

I also paid to have the side skirts painted but they arent being done till i have the time to take them off myself.

Not sure whats next... Smooth pillars... do SOMETHING with the rear bumper... air bags on the rear so i can get the extra inch or two it desperately needs... and some window vinyl so she can advertise our clothing line when shes driving it..

I REALLLLLLLYYYYY wanna chevy HD hood... but dont wanna deal with getting it cut and repainted yet.. pearl leather and suede katskin interior...

(body drop and roof chop :thumbsup: )

Any other ideas?

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 2
  • hlpks-den00h-ac+blks-sie99-e.jpg
    hlpks-den00h-ac+blks-sie99-e.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 6

mr. yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i havent seen anyone with these.
chrome pillars, might not look right but thy make em for 01-06
chromepillars(15).jpg

sam hamm

Reaction score
yea i was looking and was hoping it wasnt just over spray.

that thing is sick forreal. ive never liked that style paint job until i seen yours.

mr. yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i painted my durango , using ppg omni gm bright white w/ 7oz blue pearl, 5oz pink pearl and 3 oz gold pearl to a gallon and didnt get the "pop" yours has. i get a slight purpleish/blue hue if the sun hits it. its getting repainted this summer when the weather up here breaks and since i dont have to paint door jambs, and i only used a half gallon for 5 coats and have a half gallon left. i'm gonna spray the white down, clear it with pearl, then clear over that. i think thats the only way to make it "pearl out" yours is just plain sick!
http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/ew/mygallery.asp?id=14844&album=28622

m0bmentality

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i painted my durango , using ppg omni gm bright white w/ 7oz blue pearl, 5oz pink pearl and 3 oz gold pearl to a gallon and didnt get the "pop" yours has. i get a slight purpleish/blue hue if the sun hits it. its getting repainted this summer when the weather up here breaks and since i dont have to paint door jambs, and i only used a half gallon for 5 coats and have a half gallon left. i'm gonna spray the white down, clear it with pearl, then clear over that. i think thats the only way to make it "pearl out" yours is just plain sick!
http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/ew/mygallery.asp?id=14844&album=28622

what we did was 3 coats of pearl and then cleared it with a 1 to 5 , pearl clear mix. so it makes the pearl kinda float... im still debating putting a THIN THIN THIN coat of pink house of kolor kandy, pearl , clear. (1/1/2) over the whole thing when its done.

m0bmentality

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i was looking and was hoping it wasnt just over spray.

that thing is sick forreal. ive never liked that style paint job until i seen yours.

thanks man i appreciate that. Building it for my fiance but trying to balance the line between girly/dope boy/ and clean custom truck has been a challenge lol

mr. yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, its just cut some steel off. i wish somebody had a template, then this would be an easy mod. cut, paint, bolt on!

sam hamm

Reaction score
thanks man i appreciate that. Building it for my fiance but trying to balance the line between girly/dope boy/ and clean custom truck has been a challenge lol

yea man i understand. im sure she will look fly driving it.

i see you took off the roof rack. have you ever thought about putting the escalade rack on? also i like the look of the 05-06 front air dam extension and maybe do the plastic on the step sides white to match... just throwing in a few other things you could do.

m0bmentality

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea man i understand. im sure she will look fly driving it.

i see you took off the roof rack. have you ever thought about putting the escalade rack on? also i like the look of the 05-06 front air dam extension and maybe do the plastic on the step sides white to match... just throwing in a few other things you could do.

yea i already paid to have the side steps painted but i havent had time to take them off and drop them over there..

i like the lip idea.. i think they are only like 50$ too

i dont wanna rack on it.. it looks lower without it and cleaner to me.

AND.... in reality shes probably getting an rx8 for her birthday and if i decide to get her that then this thing is going to be hacked to pieces..

In a perfect word it will look similar to a dodge magnum when its done.. body drop roof chop bagged and shaved where necessarily( mainly rear wiper) chevy hd hood and possibly a door handle swap for something smoother.. a lil more car like..

m0bmentality

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how about a 68 grill and lights instead w/ a hd hood?
0802st_01_z+2000_chevrolet_silverado+68_grille.jpg

WOW thats effin EVIL.. props to THAT DUDE.. thats hard!! imagine that setup but painted up like an old body woody.. surf racks and all.

OR GRAPHICS ON IT TO LOOK LIKE A PANEL VAN!!!! like an old ass snapon truck!!!!!

(on an suv obviously)

Last edited:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way are those wheels powdercoated?
If they are how much did it run you to do all four?

m0bmentality

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way are those wheels powdercoated?
If they are how much did it run you to do all four?

no they are painted.. for a few reasons.. i wanted them to match exactly.. i wanted the airbrush under the pearl like on the truck.. and i wanted the color transitions to be right.. AND i heard powder coating on wheels wears BAD especially when confronted with cleaners AND a chipped painted wheel can be repainted on the truck.. a powder coated wheel puts you on serious downtime..

But as to cost... my painter is an ex business partner.. he left our clothing line to start his own auto body company.. so i get the hook.. But so far we have $1500 in paint and material on the truck (including the wheels) and about 26 hours labor... the rims are just lumped into the pile...

I think he normally charges $400 for basic paint no weird trim work or airbrushing for (4) wheels.

Last edited: