Grease Zerks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pincusa

Reaction score
I searched around, but couldn't find anything.
I'm trying to figure out how many grease zerks/fittings there are and where. Can someone share?

So far I've found the uppper and lower ball joints, tie rod end, and the ends of the steering intermediate shaft. Am I missing any?

Also, how often do people normally give them some loving? Is this a once in a lifetime activity for most people?

pincusa

Reaction score
JennaBear - Thanks for the link, but I think the PDF file that many of the posts were referring to is gone. At least I don't see it. I even signed up for an ID thinking it was for members only.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
JennaBear - Thanks for the link, but I think the PDF file that many of the posts were referring to is gone. At least I don't see it. I even signed up for an ID thinking it was for members only.

Attachment opened just fine for me. Do you have Acrobat Reader?

pincusa

Reaction score
Now I see the document. I had to be a validated member of z71forum to see it.
Thanks!

jordankreutzer

Reaction score
...don't forget to give your muffler bearings a few shots of grease from time to time, they can get awful squeaky if you dont :thumbsup::lol::yesnod:

pincusa

Reaction score
...don't forget to give your muffler bearings a few shots of grease from time to time, they can get awful squeaky if you dont :thumbsup::lol::yesnod:

Thanks! I saw the grease zerks on the cats, so I'll be sure to give them a shot too.
But first I'm off the change the headlight fluid

ericnj75

Reaction score
Is there anywhere else besides the front end that should be greased. driveshaft, rearend.

pincusa

Reaction score
Not that I've found. There are 11 on the front that you should look for. Ball joints, tie rods, and steering system

rockman20

Reaction score
Yeah, the front is all there is unless someone has replaced the u-joints. Anytime I replace a u-joint, I get the serviceable ones.

I usually grease everything once a year. U-joints I grease a little more frequent as well as upper and lower ball joints. Just depends on my mood.

YourPalAl

Reaction score
So I didn't have zerks in my cats, so I drilled some in and greased it up and no my hoe is misfiring and getting HORRIBLE gas mileage. Please help

Last edited: