Hamilton Ultimate Pet Liner Review for 07 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this new area on the forum so I thought I repost a writeup I submitted over at Chevroletforum.com a few months ago....

Problem: I have a black lab and used to own a couple of Yukons before my 07 Tahoe. The problem I had with hauling my dog around was that her hair would stick to the carpet backing of the 2nd row and was extremely difficult to remove. Especially after I take her swimming in fresh or salt water. Also mostly because I wouldn't get to it for a long time. I think I traded in my 03 Yukon w/o removing the hair that was stuck there. Yuk for the detail guy at the dealership. As you may know labs generate a lot of oil which equates to a “dog smelly†car once the hair gets everywhere.

Solution: I ran into this product: Hamilton Ultimate Pet Cargoliner and decided to call them up about it. I spoke to the owner Tom and ask if his product provided any “extra protection†once the 2nd row seats were tumbled forward. He actually went to the dealership to do some measurements and modified his off the shelf product to accommodate my request! I received all of this less than a week from my phone call and no price increase!

Here's how the installation went:

The before picture with the 3rd row removed and 2nd row bench tumbled. The color here is light titanium:

07_Tahoe_CargoLiner_008.jpg

Here's a front view pic with the liner wrap installed on the 2nd row. Nice color matching. This drapes over the front so if your dog rests it's head and slobbers on the 2nd row like mine does, it will be easy to clean up.

07_Tahoe_CargoLiner_0014.jpg

Great attention to detail as you can see the careful stitching and use of velcro to accommodate the seat belt:

07_Tahoe_CargoLiner_0013.jpg

Next on to the rear side liners. These are the side sections laid out before installing.

07_Tahoe_CargoLiner_0023.jpg

Here's the driver's side installed. Be sure to specify you have the power lift gate or not because it will be a different shape. This is the power liftgate version. Note the careful stitching and use of velcro again and the excellent fit to the coutours and access to the cargo shade mount and push button for the tumble forwards. There are “lots†of little velcro locations to hold it in place for the contours. Note the use of the fabric and stitch work to make it fit the coutours. The material goes all the way up the window and to the natural edge line of the rear quarter panel cover.

07_Tahoe_CargoLiner_0026.jpg

If you wondering about the black area, that is where the factory cup holders used to be for the 3rd row. I have a 10†custom subwoofer box packed in there along with the power lift gate motor so I had to lose the cup holders. That is speaker fabric mesh. The pet liner has a cutout there to let you keep the cupholders.

07_Tahoe_CargoLiner_0027.jpg

Here's the passenger side, note the mesh provided to keep the rear A/C vents open and functional:

07_Tahoe_CargoLiner_0025.jpg

The following is a series of the bottom liner. Per my request, Tom extended the fabric all the way up to the tumbled 2nd row. Note the reinforcement around the holes for the 2nd row hooks that I requested he put in.

07_Tahoe_CargoLiner_0035.jpg

Here's the final product with seats tumbled forward. I haven't velcroed down the back of the tumble yet, that's why it isn't smoothed out.

07_Tahoe_CargoLiner_0029.jpg

For the extra finishing touch, I put back in my Weathertech rear cargoliner and the final pic with the 2nd row put back up in place.

07_Tahoe_CargoLiner_0038.jpg

Conclusion: I now can have a slew of wet St. Bernards (that I don't own) back there slobbering away and the cleanup will be fast and easy. The vacuum work will be fast (no more stuck dog hair onto carpet!) and just some vinyl cleaner for slobber on the liner and some glass cleaner for the wet noses on the windows. Best of all, no more doggy smell.

Is this product cool? Some people won't think so, but you know what, I think it is the best fitting, best looking and most of all functional product out there to solve my dog problem! Very easy to vacuum and/or wipe up mud.

Note he has many flavors of the 07 Tahoe to accommodate with and w/o the power gate (like I have above) because the driver rear panel will be different. And he has 2nd row captains also.

Hope you enjoyed my review.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent write-up, and great pics! I wonder if I could get one for the second and third rows for the kids... :lol:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent write-up, and great pics! I wonder if I could get one for the second and third rows for the kids... :lol:

lol, i will look in to that, i take my dog some places, but he usally sits in the front seat with his favorite sun glasses. so litraly
"dog as my co-pilot" lol

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Post! I just got a cargo liner for my Great Dane, but she still does the head on the second row drool trick... Got any good methods of getting drool off of cloth upholstery?