Handling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wild oats

Reaction score
Just purchased new '08 z71, in my opinion my '05 z71 handled quicker more nimble, i even put on stock ltz polished bridgestne 20" s, any suggesti ons,?before I'm really broke..need help..I'm new to this forum...thanks

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My handling increased as soon as I put in an Eibach Sway bar kit. You may want to check pone of those out (there are a couple brands out there).

drmason1

Reaction score
I just recently installed the Hotchkis Sways on my Tahoe and it improved handling quite a bit. In due time, Bilstein shocks wil be the next change.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bils will make a pretty good difference too. I had the sway bars in two years ago, and put the Bils in not too long ago. The sways made a HUGE difference, and the Bils made the ride more comfortable.

wild oats

Reaction score
I see your new sway bar is 38mm,(1 1/2)what is stock ? thanks..

Thundergod

Reaction score
Oat's has an '07 and Bear has an '04. Different setup. You can't say adding a RSB to an '04 is gonna help an '07.
Oat's, your 07 Z71 already has a rear sway bar. It looks pretty beefy judging by looking at mine. I think you'd be throwing money away replacing it with a new one.
The center of gravity on the '07 Z71 may be higher than your '05.
These 4WD (I assume yours is 4WD) Z71's are big beasts. You can't expect it to be "nimble". The fact that you feel your '05 was more nimble is probably due to weight, CG, tires, etc. I'm sure these '07's gotta weigh more than the '05's. More goodies....

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second everything that Thundergod just said. Plus I was thinking that, besides being engineered completely different, if they designed it to feel more stable/comfortable/solid then feeling less "nimble" could be just the trade off. But yeah I question what benefit there would be to changing the sway bars, but I can't wait to try out some Bilsteins when I get the lift.