Has anyone installed a Transgo HD2 kit themselves?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be doing one soon, and just wondering if there's any tricks to it (I already saw the video, and have the instructions). I plan to use Amsoil synthetic ATF w/ a bigger cooler as well on my '99 Denali.

Any useful tips wuold be appreciated.

Whippled2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reread the transgo instructions multiple times and the ATSG 4L60E manual is a nice book to have with you. Also put a drain plug in your pan if it doesn't already have one. It sucked dropping the pan the first time without draining the oil.

JP422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks~

I already have the ATSG 4L60E manual... (however it states it was updated in 1993... and supposedly it applies to 4L60E from 1993+ ... hope that's ok)

I practically memorized the instructions... I just hope I have all the right tools to do it smoothly. As for the drainplug, I'm also installing a new aluminum, cast pan... w/ 3 qt more ATF capacity and drain plug (woohoo!). Also adding an extra ATF cooler (thinking about piggybacking it to the stock one)... as well as an ATF oil temp gauge.

I also have a corvette servo and new Transgo plate (the one that olds the checkballs).
Hope they all go together well....

For some reason, I'm more worried about the circlips and stuff. Hope it's not a big PITA.