Has anyone made a carpeted tool box for there hoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SS5800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me and my buddy made this last weekend, I think it came out pretty good. It matches sweet and its just enough room for him to keep his basic electrical tools( he is an electrician).

Now its my turn for my truck, Except i get screwed over on space in my two door :(

mh916p.jpg

2gwual0.jpg

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought about making one for myself too. the onyl thing that held me back was how id get it anchored down to the floor so it wouldnt slide around.
wat kinda wood is that? basic ply? 3/4"?
nice looking tho, good job!

SS5800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its actually 3/4 pine, We bought it in small sections. And its held together with wood glue and 1 5/8 self tappers. Its anchored down to where the actual anchors are in the back of the tahoes. Thanks, Shawn

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh ok. cool. i fergot about those.
looks good, they say when wood glue dries its x amount of times stronger than the wood itself. good stuff.
this may just be a project i tackle this spring. mainly to keep it out of sight.

SS5800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, Its amazing what the difference is when you carpet a box to match the interior. And yes that wood glue holds like a son of a gun

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have something like that to hold all of my detailing stuff and jumper cables... But i throw all my tools in the side back compartment. it holds a belt, socket set, screw drivers, hammer, and some basic other tools and will someday help me out on the road... but you should make something if its a 4 door, make something to go under the back seat and have that lid or dont even make a lid and make a ton of small sections to hold your stuff.. what are you looking to actaully hold???? guns? : ) lol.. umm idk

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im just looking to hold basic hand tools. just want a nice toolbox to keep them out of sight.