header help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a local guy trying to sell some long tube pacesetter headers PART # 70-2265 that are brand new. He only wants 125 for them. Here is my question:

Will these fit my 2003 4.8 without having to modify the rest of the exhaust?

Thanks,
Jon

Last edited:

Brandon00hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you mean 4.8? I don't know if thats the right part#, but in order for it to bolt right up you need the Y pipe too. Where do you live? In some states those headers are not street legal. Just a heads up when its time for inspection.

Design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I'll fix that Typo.
I live here in North Texas so I think that I'm good as I live in an area that doesn't do smog tests.
So I need the Y-pipe?
Jon

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These guys are right, you will need a y-pipe fabbed up. The Factory one MIGHT be able to be re-worked BUT why? If you are spending money on headers you may as well pop for another $400 and take advantage of the power and MPG increase by having a custom exhaust bent. Don't forget the tuning to REALLY use it to your advantage.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P.S they are listed on the site as fitting a bunch of different trucks/SUVs. 4.8 and 5.3

http://www.pacesetterexhaust.com/quiktrip.php

I would think about puting a coating on them before install. My buddy put one of the Pacesetter manifolds on his Eclipse Turbo and the paint cracked off that day. His turbo created so much heat that it cracked the welds as well. You shouldn't have to worry about that in your situation, but don't expect the paint to last long.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Definitely need a Y pipe. We fabbed up my stock one, I am sure any exhaust shop could get it done for you on the cheap.